themacdees

Some pesky NVC questions...

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I've done my fair share of searching and read Saylin's "NVC Process" wiki at length, but can't find answers to these questions. Any help much appreciated!

1. If emailing in AOS/IV package to NVC, do the AOS and IV sections need to be separate with their own cover pages? If so, where does it say this, or what are you basing this off? I was just going to attach all documents to the one email, with just the bar-coded cover sheet as the single and only cover page.

2. Do you need to include copies of your 2x passport photos in the IV section of the NVC submission? Or is it OK simply to bring these on interview day? The NVC website doesn't mention photographs at all but Saylin's process does.

3. Me (beneficiary) and my wife (petitioner, USC) both live abroad. Due to a mix up with our accountant we had to file her 2015 US taxes late and thus aren't able to obtain a transcript for them yet. Our accountant tells us the Tax Return is sufficient because it's been signed by a professional preparer. Do you think this will suffice?

4. As we live abroad and earn income abroad, we don't have W-2s. Will this be a problem? My wife's foreign earned income is shown on her tax returns we are providing.

Thanks!

Hi

The way I did mine when emailing to NVC, I did the AOS Documents first, putting the cover sheet as the first attachment followed by the documents, then did my IV documents, with the cover sheet attached first before documents. When emailing remember the file size can't be over 5mb or they won't get it. I think this is why I got an RFE for the I-864 form, because I attached it as a file, so in the end I scanned and attached every page separately, you will probably end up with a lot of attachments but that's how it works, didn't have a problem after that. When you get to pay for the AOS & IV they will give you instructions on how to send anyway.

And yes you have to send the passport photos, I asked the same question to NVC themselves and yes you do. As for the tax side of things, can't help you there, my husbands was pretty straight forward and had already done this years taxes, sorry! Hope this helps and not to confusing :unsure: . Best of luck :)

15/09/2012 - Married ?
Spent the last 2.5 years travelling between countries & deciding on where we are going to live...USA IT IS!!! ??
28/09/2015 - I-130 submitted
06/10/2015 - NOA 1 received
04/02/2016 - Approved! NOA 2 received via text
17/02/2016 - Petition sent to NVC
24/02/2016 - NVC received
08/03/2016 - Case number & IIN number received over the phone
09/03/2016 - Form DS-261 completed
09/03/2016 - AOS Fee paid
18/03/2016 - Received and paid IV Bill
22/03/2016 - Sent AOS & IV Documents
24/03/2016 - Scan date
08/04/2016 - Received RFE - apparently I didn't send I-864 form (as if I would forget that!) and police certificate (admittedly I sent the wrong one?)
18/04/2016 - Resent required documents (had to wait a week for new police certificate)
20/04/2016 - 2nd scan date for RFE documents
09/05/2016 - Case Completed ? (Now just waiting for interview date!!!)
26/05/2016 - Received Interview letter via email, interview scheduled for 26/07/2016 ??

'I CAN ALMOST SEE THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL'

event.png

event.png

event.png

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

*BUMP* I have the EXACT same questions as the original poster. Did the process change? Did the NVC just "forget" to put on their cover-sheet that they require passport photos?

Also, the NVC website says that they are only needed for the interview:

"You and each family member accompanying you must bring two identical 2 x 2 inch (51 x 51 mm) color photographs to the visa interview. The photographs must meet the Department of State’s Photograph Requirements." (https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Supporting_documents.html

Edited by Trist

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.