Teddy406

Im the Plum Of the Day

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I just worked out, after checking my paperwork over one more time that Im not 100% sure which clinic have to go to tomorrow. When I booked, the phone line said "Basil Gardens" So I assumed it was there. :whistle: I guess ill have to ring up on the National Express to confirm whether its Bond Street or Knightsbridge I have to go to.

The woman on the phone told me not to go to the wrong building, I thought she meant 15 or 15a or the clinc was split over two buildings...

Silly me :blink:

Mags is right!

Goood luck by the way

K-1 visa issued: 12/15/2006

107 days from mailing AOS package to receiving green card! Received 6/27/07 dated 6/20/07

Removing conditions:

mailed 5/22/2009

Recieved at CSC 5/23/2009

Check cashed 5/27/09

NOA date 5/26/09 - still not received

I-551 stamp in passport 6/19/09

Biometrics notice date 6/16/09

Biometrics received 6/20/09

Biometrics apt date 7/9/09

Biometrics cancellation notice 6/27/09

Biometrics apt notice date 6/26 recieved 7/7

Biometrics apt 7/22/09

Touch 7/22/09

Finally able to see online info 7/22/09

Card production email 8/19/09 date ordered 8/18

Recieved approval letter in mail 8/19/09 date 8/13!

Touch 8/19

Email stating approval notice sent 8/24/09

Green card in hand!! 8/24/09

Husband joined army and moved from San Diego to Ft. Benning GA! 8/30/11

Filed N400 based on 5 years of residency 9/12/12

Recieved email notifcation recieved package 9/19/12

Biometrics 10/22/12

Early Biometrics 10/04/12

In line for interview 10/8/12 for 8 days

Interview 11/20/12 PASSED!

Timeline
Basil Gardens is the Knightsbridge one...right behind Harrods.

I know, it was the other one that just sprang into existence upon re checking my medical package! :wacko:

When booking my appointment, I rang the line at 9am, it said "this is the surgery at Basil Gardens" in a recorded voice, i tried at 9.10 and got through..so i presumed (the father of all cluck ups) it was Basil Gardens.

Oh man, what was I always told about reading things through?

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Basil Gardens is the Knightsbridge one...right behind Harrods.

I know, it was the other one that just sprang into existence upon re checking my medical package! :wacko:

When booking my appointment, I rang the line at 9am, it said "this is the surgery at Basil Gardens" in a recorded voice, i tried at 9.10 and got through..so i presumed (the father of all cluck ups) it was Basil Gardens.

Oh man, what was I always told about reading things through?

Ahhh, I getcha! Mmmnnn, silly Teddy! :lol:

Good luck though, wherever you are going!

:lol:

Oh dear, the amount of times stuff like that has happend to me, you freeze and suddenly realise and say "ohhh F! "

K-1 visa issued: 12/15/2006

107 days from mailing AOS package to receiving green card! Received 6/27/07 dated 6/20/07

Removing conditions:

mailed 5/22/2009

Recieved at CSC 5/23/2009

Check cashed 5/27/09

NOA date 5/26/09 - still not received

I-551 stamp in passport 6/19/09

Biometrics notice date 6/16/09

Biometrics received 6/20/09

Biometrics apt date 7/9/09

Biometrics cancellation notice 6/27/09

Biometrics apt notice date 6/26 recieved 7/7

Biometrics apt 7/22/09

Touch 7/22/09

Finally able to see online info 7/22/09

Card production email 8/19/09 date ordered 8/18

Recieved approval letter in mail 8/19/09 date 8/13!

Touch 8/19

Email stating approval notice sent 8/24/09

Green card in hand!! 8/24/09

Husband joined army and moved from San Diego to Ft. Benning GA! 8/30/11

Filed N400 based on 5 years of residency 9/12/12

Recieved email notifcation recieved package 9/19/12

Biometrics 10/22/12

Early Biometrics 10/04/12

In line for interview 10/8/12 for 8 days

Interview 11/20/12 PASSED!

Timeline

Oh dear, the amount of times stuff like that has happend to me, you freeze and suddenly realise and say "ohhh F! "

Yeah, it was exactly that reaction.

On first inspection, I thought the second map was a larger scale map of the first tiny map. I was so organised with everything else, (collecting my vaccine info, doctors letters to clear up prior treatment) i just didnt do the most important thing which was double check which bloody clinic it was !

If i had the "smack on head with hammer" smiley, i'd be dropping that in here about now!

Dazed and Confused,

Teddy.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yeah, it was exactly that reaction.

On first inspection, I thought the second map was a larger scale map of the first tiny map. I was so organised with everything else, (collecting my vaccine info, doctors letters to clear up prior treatment) i just didnt do the most important thing which was double check which bloody clinic it was !

If i had the "smack on head with hammer" smiley, i'd be dropping that in here about now!

Dazed and Confused,

Teddy.

:bonk:

That one?

Hmm, I know the feeling, Teddy... I booked my medical after I'd got home from a night shift, and was not quite 'all there' at the time. I wrote down the time of my appointment but nothing else, assuming that details like which building to go to would stick in my mind. As soon as I put the phone down I realised I had no clue where it was I was meant to be going ('.... place beginning with 'B'... oh wait, they both do...') but was too embarrassed to call straight back and admit I had absolutely no idea what had just been said to me. :blush: I called up on the morning of my medical to 'double-check' - must remember to make sure I'm actually conscious before arranging appointments etc in future!

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Timeline
Hmm, I know the feeling, Teddy... I booked my medical after I'd got home from a night shift, and was not quite 'all there' at the time. I wrote down the time of my appointment but nothing else, assuming that details like which building to go to would stick in my mind. As soon as I put the phone down I realised I had no clue where it was I was meant to be going ('.... place beginning with 'B'... oh wait, they both do...') but was too embarrassed to call straight back and admit I had absolutely no idea what had just been said to me. :blush: I called up on the morning of my medical to 'double-check' - must remember to make sure I'm actually conscious before arranging appointments etc in future!

Good to know Im not the only "Shift Zombie" around! Although, perhaps if i was more awake I would have panicked more during this whole process! (well, more than I already did)

I did exactly the same as you, wrote it down the date, time, booked the holiday from work, got the national express tickets ....that all was fine and planned meticulously...haha.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.