HarisMic

Medical Examination Form I-693

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Definitely check at an Infopass appointment, though. In my thread (which I linked above, I think), someone linked to a thread by Anastasia, who got an RFE for the I-693. She assumed that it was just the vaccination supplement they wanted, but her case got denied when she sent that in.

Which is to say it's never safe to assume.

I don't know what's different between her case and mine (or yours); maybe they really lost her medical. Maybe she needed to write the note about the medical exam being in her K-1 file. In my note, I made a point of mentioning that the USCIS officer at my local office had instructed me to proceed this way, then prayed for weeks that they wouldn't deny me if that wasn't the right advice. Apparently in my case, this worked.

Well I had my InfoPass appointment today.

I explained the situation and he said that all they require is the Vaccination Suppliment Worksheet, which i presented to him. He said send it in, i then instructed him that it was the DS-3025 not the I-693a. He said its not an issue and just send it in.

So I'm at the office now putting the packet together and it looks like i already sent the DS-3025 in! This means to me that they DO want the I-693a. I called up the USCIS Civil Surgeon in my area and after explaining to her that i don't need another ME just the I-693a she booked me in for today.

So for a nice healthy sum of $65 I will have a I-693a form that i can send to them. I will also send them an additional copy of the DS-3025 form so they can have both.

It's expensive being an immigrant :P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

this is ridiculous. i need some clarification.

everybody got their medical done within the past year.

the crazy uscis people kept it at POE

everybody sent in their I-693a with the AOS package

everybody got an RFE!!! requesting the entire medical because the uscis LOST IT?????????

you can't be serious

i need to know because, as everybody else, my husband doesn't have the I-693 (obviously they took it from him at POE)

he got the supplement (I-693a) filled out by an authorized civil surgeon, is up-to-date on vaccines, but the thing is, they gave him a SEALED ENVELOPE. now, first how do i know that what is in it is what the uscis is looking for (it says do not open, return to department of immigration sealed) and how am I supposed to put a #10 envelope in the package, which is an unrelated question I have also, are we supposed to put the package together the same way as the K-1? you know with the two hole punch at the top of an AVERY folder (what an expensive investment that was abroad) anyway.

some advice on this sealed envelope, anybody else get a sealed envelope? how can I prevent they lose it and how do i know what's inside is what they want?

though I like the advice below of spelling out the fact POE took it, rather tedious but...

thanks in advance

Definitely check at an Infopass appointment, though. In my thread (which I linked above, I think), someone linked to a thread by Anastasia, who got an RFE for the I-693. She assumed that it was just the vaccination supplement they wanted, but her case got denied when she sent that in.

Which is to say it's never safe to assume.

I don't know what's different between her case and mine (or yours); maybe they really lost her medical. Maybe she needed to write the note about the medical exam being in her K-1 file. In my note, I made a point of mentioning that the USCIS officer at my local office had instructed me to proceed this way, then prayed for weeks that they wouldn't deny me if that wasn't the right advice. Apparently in my case, this worked.

4/28/06 sent I-129 package to NSC

5/1/06 NOA1

6/10/06 case transferred from NSC to CSC

7/3/06 rec'd IMBRA

7/11/06 touched - IMBRA rec'd by CSC

9/1/06 touched - email NOA2 - approved!

9/21/06 NVC letter stating package sent to Caracas

10/5/06 & 10/14/06 DHL website confirms CCS rec'd packages (hopefully one of them was mine)

12/10/06 Interview - passed

1/5/07 arrival to US

1/27/07 marriage

putting together AOS package - confused about medical - translated personal immunization record myself, went to ACS, paid fee, got documents in a sealed envelope "DO NOT OPEN"

3/26/07 mailed AOS & EAD to PO BOX

3/28/07 delivered

4/23/07 Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.