Ookahi

K1 Visa Interview and Medical Scheduling in Dublin

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi everyone,

So my Fiancé got the packet three email from the Dublin embassy, and called to schedule his medical exam which won't be until free February 10th. My question is, how long should we wait to send in the NOR? About how far out are the appointments for interviews normally scheduled?

K1 Visa Progress
9/29/2015- USCIS Received Petition
10/28/2015- Petition Approved
11/12/2015- NVC Received Petition
11/23/2015- London Embassy Received Petition
01/25/2016- Case Received by Dublin Embassy

02/10/2016- Medical Exam

02/10/2016- Notification of Readiness sent

02/17/2016- Interview Scheduled

02/22/2016- Interview

03/07/2016- Entered the United States (POE Dublin)

03/09/2016- Got married!!

03/29/2016- AOS forms were received by National Benefits Center

Filed: Country: Ireland
Timeline

I would wait until you have done medical as you never know what could come up also after you have done medical you have to go back in several days to a week to collect medical results and you need them for interview. Dublin is very quick turn over for interview appointments mine was within 2 weeks of sending everything back. I wanted until after I recieved medical results to send off NOR.

Timeline

Our medical was around the 3rd of december, collected a week later. Sent off after Christmas holidays on the 31st of December as i didnt want it sitting around with a chance to get lost during the holidays,recieved interview date on 5th Jan for 22nd of jan.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Our medical was around the 3rd of december, collected a week later. Sent off after Christmas holidays on the 31st of December as i didnt want it sitting around with a chance to get lost during the holidays,recieved interview date on 5th Jan for 22nd of jan.

Can you give us a run down of how the interview went? Questions asked etc?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Sorry only saw your post now.

It was pretty straight forward, I don't remember all the details as it was over a year ago and a bit of a blur, but I'll see what I can do.

On arrival you will go through airport type security and leave mobile phone etc in locker then get a pass. Then you go up to waitin room and wait until called when I first went up I was asked for payment, medical documents, passport, birth cert etc I took way to much with me but better to have everything, I basically took our whole application, proof of relationship and then all medical and offical paper work.

Once all that was done I sat back down and waited for them to process all that and call me for interview. It was pretty basic questions

Who's your fiance

When did you meet and how

Where does he live

Where does he work, what does he do

When have you visited

Where did you stay

What happened to his previous marriage

Does he have children

Have you met his family etc

Once I had answered those she told me I had been approved there and then, and it would be mailed out to me along with passports etc.

They arrived about 4-5 days later I think, I did have to go back because they miss printed my son's visa in passport which they sorted very quickly

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Sorry only saw your post now.

It was pretty straight forward, I don't remember all the details as it was over a year ago and a bit of a blur, but I'll see what I can do.

On arrival you will go through airport type security and leave mobile phone etc in locker then get a pass. Then you go up to waitin room and wait until called when I first went up I was asked for payment, medical documents, passport, birth cert etc I took way to much with me but better to have everything, I basically took our whole application, proof of relationship and then all medical and offical paper work.

Once all that was done I sat back down and waited for them to process all that and call me for interview. It was pretty basic questions

Who's your fiance

When did you meet and how

Where does he live

Where does he work, what does he do

When have you visited

Where did you stay

What happened to his previous marriage

Does he have children

Have you met his family etc

Once I had answered those she told me I had been approved there and then, and it would be mailed out to me along with passports etc.

They arrived about 4-5 days later I think, I did have to go back because they miss printed my son's visa in passport which they sorted very quickly

No problem, thanks for the response. When you said 3 December I thought you meant 2015 rather than 2014 and were one of the most recent interviewees. Good to know anyway.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.