TheZilla

Embassy In London Changing Procedure?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm sitting here in disbelief, so bear with me.

My fiance is from the U.K. and as we've moved into the Packet 3/Packet 4 part of this process, things have been going very differently from the process many others seem to have gone through before. He received his "Packet 3", and it seems some of the forms he formerly would have had to send in, he was told to keep. There were also some forms he was told to send in that I thought were supposed to be brought to the interview [i.E. Police Certificate].

He's already done his Embassy medical, which he had been previously told would take place on the DAY of his interview. He's gotten the medical done, done all the forms he can, and sent in his 'checklist'. He was told he'd send in the checklist, and upon receipt they'd issue him with an interview date within a week's time. Were we mislead?

He called to check on the the status of the checklist, which they may or may not have picked up. He called the embassy helpline and proceeded to email the embassy with our case number. They go on to inform him that they may or may not have picked up the checklist, and that when they do, it will take 6-8 weeks to ENTER IT IN THE SYSTEM. Then, it will be 6-8 weeks to PROCESS IT and issue him with an interview date which will be 2-3 weeks from issue!

We were just devastated, moreso myself I'd say. From the looks of it, they seem to be changing procedures for whatever reason. It's just so upsetting because [as always] no one has to answer for this, you can't speak to a real person, and you're left hanging. That we're just numbers and words on a paper to these people, files on their desk rather than real people with feelings. I just feel crushed at the moment.

Anyone else getting surprises like this visa the London Embassy? We tried so hard to do everything right. I know that no one's journey is the same and we're lucky to be this far while others are still waiting on the 129-F part. I know we all face our individual crises and bumps. I just feel like I'm climbing a mountain and thought I was reaching the peak, only to come through the mist and see miles more to climb. Just really frustrated and missing him, I'd take a plane over there were I not hard-up for extra cash.

MY TIMELINE:

MAY 2004: Met Online

NOV 2004: Andy's 1st stay with me in Florida, 3 weeks.

FEB/MAR 2005: Andy's 2nd stay with me in Florida, 1 month

APR/MAY 2005: Andy's 3rd stay with me in Florida, 1 month

OCT 2005-FEB 2006: I stay with Andy in England, 4 1/2 months

* I Proposed on Christmas 2005 & YES!*

MAY-AUG 2006: I stay with Andy in England, 3 1/2 months

AUG 2006: Andy's 4th stay with me in Florida, 3 weeks.

NOV 2006-JAN 2007: Andy's 5th stay with me in Florida, 1 3/4 months

09/05/06: I-129F Packet Sent!!

09/21/06: NOA1 Received.

12/07/06: NOA2 RECEIVED!!! W00t!!!

03/02/07: Sent off final Packet 3 checklist

03/20/07: Received Packet 4 Letter!!!!

INTERVIEW DATE: 04/19/07!!!!

04/19/07 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS! APPROVED!!

04/26/07 - Passport w/ visa arrives via courier

Delta Flight arriving with fiance on 05/04/07!!!

05/04/07 - Home at last!!! w0000000t!!

06/01/07 - Our 'first' wedding at the county clerk's office.

09/19/08 - Andy walked out. That total dumb-a$$.

Filed: Timeline

Don't call the embassy "help" line it's not worth the 1.20 a min they charge. They never help you and tell you that they have no information on their computer when infact the embassy has everything. I called and they said his stuff wasn't even receved whenever we had receipt confirmation from the postal service. So then in a panic we emailed the embassy and waited a week for a reply and the person who replied said they were sorry for the bad information we received but they do have all of his information and they are processing it. I think we mailed in our packet on October 9 or 10. His interview at the embassy was Dec 4. Wish you the best of luck and hope everything turns out wonderfully.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: Other Timeline

If your fiance can scan the checklist and you can post it here, we can see if there are any big changes.

As far as the consulate saying it takes weeks for something to be entered into the system - they have been saying that for years. It's just standard language for 'don't call us we'll call you'.

Nothing seems to have changed. My husband had his interview in August '06 and at that time people who called (and posted here) were given information similar to what you were given.

Look at other people's timelines here on VJ. You should be able to predict when your interview will be scheduled based on other people's information.

I agree with the previous poster, don't waste your money (or your time) trying to talk to the Embassy on the phone.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.