Sign in to follow this  
sined240

Need some suggestions on K1 process...

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: South Korea
Timeline

Well to start off, I received the NOA2 notice via email about a month ago, but somehow the post office was not able to deliver the approval notice and was returned to the Vermont service center. I called customer service and let them know and sorted out the address issue. It has been a month and they still haven't resent the approval notice. anyone knows what happens from here? BTW, the consulate in S. Korea received the packet and has sent all the necessary documents to my fiance for the K1 process.

Another couple suggestions I need is that, before I sent the I-129F packet, I forgot to make copies of all the documents such as I-129F, G325, and etc. So I won't be able to sent copies of said items to my fiance, so that she can take it to her interview. How important is this and can I just refill out the forms and date and sign them? Also, is it really important to have a copy of the NOA2 notice during the interview, or is it more to be complete, just in case they ask for it?

Please give me some suggestions on what I can do to make this process smoother...thanks and take cares!

:blush:

Well to start off, I received the NOA2 notice via email about a month ago, but somehow the post office was not able to deliver the approval notice and was returned to the Vermont service center. I called customer service and let them know and sorted out the address issue. It has been a month and they still haven't resent the approval notice. anyone knows what happens from here? BTW, the consulate in S. Korea received the packet and has sent all the necessary documents to my fiance for the K1 process.

Another couple suggestions I need is that, before I sent the I-129F packet, I forgot to make copies of all the documents such as I-129F, G325, and etc. So I won't be able to sent copies of said items to my fiance, so that she can take it to her interview. How important is this and can I just refill out the forms and date and sign them? Also, is it really important to have a copy of the NOA2 notice during the interview, or is it more to be complete, just in case they ask for it?

Please give me some suggestions on what I can do to make this process smoother...thanks and take cares!

:blush:

Congrats on the approval!!! Since you have the embassy's paperwork, your visa is proceeding. Not sure if you need NOA2 for the interview, but you will need it when you file AOS after the marriage. Dont worry about the copies, the officer at the interview should have the packet. Mainly the copies are for your reference. I would definitly call Vermont again to get the NOA2 and then celebrate getting this far and wait for the interview!

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.