9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Im jumping over here from the K1 forum to get some advice. I was under the impression that a single offense of possession under 30 grams would require a waiver...in other areas I read that it is decided at the actual interview whether they will grant the visa. Only a fine was imposed (no dropped intended jail term and no probation) Its counted as a single offense...the only other mark on his report is a breach of the peace from the same night. Any thoughts? Anyone? Bueller?

Filed: Other Timeline

It's always decided at the interview whether or not the visa will be granted.

What you read about here is people being pro-active and aware (before they go to the interview) that the visa will be denied (that day) and having a prepared waiver in hand to file.

It's always decided at the interview whether or not the visa will be granted.

What you read about here is people being pro-active and aware (before they go to the interview) that the visa will be denied (that day) and having a prepared waiver in hand to file.

Well guess I kinda belong here too lol! I want to have the 601 in place when he goes to his k1 interview and expect to go home visaless...but I read somewhere that if you have all that information available they make their decision whether to proceed with the waiver or give the visa right at the interview. Im sure its going to take many more weeks after the interview because a waiver will need to process. I wanted some similar situations to comment on my post. When I do a search I only come up with a couple other simple possessions who at the time hadnt had their interview then there's no more information from their profiles. Mary+Tom's story is horrifying by the way. They honestly got a bad rap for no reason. We surely are not in that situation and if we were, I would make lemonade out of lemons as she did.

Mary and Tom's situation is indeed sad. I only pointed it out because as you said, it's the only case I'm aware of with a complete report. As you report more of your information, the cases actually sound more similar as far as what you may have to overcome with paperwork. Tom only had a fine -the court record was incomplete - things of this nature. Mary&Tom never attempted to get a Customs record - I don't know if that would have helped.

I hope you can find the answers here. I think you can or at immigrate2us.net.

Mary and Tom's situation is indeed sad. I only pointed it out because as you said, it's the only case I'm aware of with a complete report. As you report more of your information, the cases actually sound more similar as far as what you may have to overcome with paperwork. Tom only had a fine -the court record was incomplete - things of this nature. Mary&Tom never attempted to get a Customs record - I don't know if that would have helped.

I hope you can find the answers here. I think you can or at immigrate2us.net.

Whats a customs record?

I realize you would have to go back quite a bit reading Mary's posts, but if you do, you would learn his incident happened when crossing the border from England to Ireland - thus the trafficking charge. It was Customs who apprehended them.

Right...he was traveling in a car. My guy was sitting in a chair in his house with the music up loud.

I realize you would have to go back quite a bit reading Mary's posts, but if you do, you would learn his incident happened when crossing the border from England to Ireland - thus the trafficking charge. It was Customs who apprehended them.

Right...he was traveling in a car. My guy was sitting in a chair in his house with the music up loud.

And?

And?

Oh thought you read this story in the K1 forum...anyway...He was having a party and in the early morning hours after everyone left and his music was still blaring the cops barged in his front door, made their way up the stairs and he was sitting there having a drink. They found the pot (couple joints) on a tray (he wasnt smoking it) and they disposed of it and told him to turn the music down. Well....he never went anywhere with them...they didnt cuff him...he never went to a court date..although they claim he admitted guilty through a "letter". I told him to get that damn letter. Anyway...He traveled here not knowing he had a criminal record because he never went to court. After we became engaged I told him to pull up his records and get court docs if needed. This is where we are today.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.