USHavana23

Has anybody been in the ujc in Cuba

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Has anybody been in there young years in th ujc and been approved for a visa my husband is not active anymore in his younger years was and we are in ap status for 3 months now we had our interview and everything went great we were asked to bring back the medical,ujc questioner and passport and we did but are in ap status . Could him ujc be a negative for us if someone can give me feed back on maybe a case similar plz

Timeline

Did they ask your guy if he was a member of UJC when he was at the interview? If so what did he answer? My husband was never asked about his membership in the UJC, but to my knowledge most of the cuban men are part of that in their youth. They have to be if they do not want trouble from the communist. My husband said he wasn't a member and he would often have difficulties because of that.

Timeline

Yes they asked him at the interview and he said yes the truth that it was 8 years ago and he got out cause he realized it was not of his interest . I went to the embassy in my trip to Cuba was not able to go in but spoke to the visa supervisor she told me the hold up on my cas is probobly that

Timeline

I really hope this doesn't become a negative for our case simply for being honest ?I am feeling at my worse I feel like we will never be over this it feels like years have gone by and we are still stuck there at ap status

Timeline

That sucks! I think that is probably the reason you are still in AP. It is sad that you both are being punished for being honest. I would think once they get him all checked out, they will approve him. Probably they are doing some further investigations to see how involved he was with the communist. I will keep you both in my prayers!

Timeline

Yes me to I just hope we get the visa approval and that our waiting all this time isn't in vein . We are good people and just want to be toghther we are booth suffering a lot being apart I understand they need to investigate it's fine he only said the truth I hope we are not penalized for that Thank you for having us in your preyers I really apriciate it we really need it

I feel so sad ?

Timeline

Yes me to I just hope we get the visa approval and that our waiting all this time isn't in vein . We are good people and just want to be toghther we are booth suffering a lot being apart I understand they need to investigate it's fine he only said the truth I hope we are not penalized for that Thank you for having us in your preyers I really apriciate it we really need it

I feel so sad ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.