phildream

Philippine DCF

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello Folks,

I posted a question in the DCF forum but don't think anyone has any ideas. How bout here? I filed my I-130 for my wife at the Manila embassy in Nov. of 2005 since I was a local resident. Does anyone know if the DHS office in Manila approves the petition on site or do they ship it somewhere else?

Also do they send the notice by mail to the Philippine address or telephone? I have since moved back to the states to get proper domicile and am wondering how long before it is processed and if there is a way for me to call and check the status? My wife still lives at our place in the Phils.

Thanks for any opinions or ideas. I will do a timeline as soon as I can. Good luck all!

Phil :whistle:

Edited by phildream

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hello Folks,

I posted a question in the DCF forum but don't think anyone has any ideas. How bout here? I filed my I-130 for my wife at the Manila embassy in Nov. of 2005 since I was a local resident. Does anyone know if the DHS office in Manila approves the petition on site or do they ship it somewhere else?

Also do they send the notice by mail to the Philippine address or telephone? I have since moved back to the states to get proper domicile and am wondering how long before it is processed and if there is a way for me to call and check the status? My wife still lives at our place in the Phils.

Thanks for any opinions or ideas. I will do a timeline as soon as I can. Good luck all!

Phil, you probably did not notice that the database was corrupted and there are now 2 versions of the forum. Your DCF post is in the 'old' forums--you may want to repost in the new forum.

USCIS Manila is the responsible party for your case; they do not ship elsewhere unless there is a major problem, and you would have heard about it before it went.

I'd just recommend that you email Manila FO--there are very few Manila DCFs posted online and no way to tell how long they normally take, but I would not expect to have heard anything yet. They are, as you know, notoriously backlogged in Manila.

You can find their contact info at uscis.gov and follow the links for Field Offices.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Timeline

Hello Folks,

Phil, you probably did not notice that the database was corrupted and there are now 2 versions of the forum. Your DCF post is in the 'old' forums--you may want to repost in the new forum.

USCIS Manila is the responsible party for your case; they do not ship elsewhere unless there is a major problem, and you would have heard about it before it went.

I'd just recommend that you email Manila FO--there are very few Manila DCFs posted online and no way to tell how long they normally take, but I would not expect to have heard anything yet. They are, as you know, notoriously backlogged in Manila.

You can find their contact info at uscis.gov and follow the links for Field Offices.

Thank you very much meauxna! I will check as you suggested and will post any info to let any other Manila DCF's about my experience. Cheers. Phil

Edited by phildream

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.