strandedlost

USC *WIFE* physically hits/abuses me

1 post in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I am in a situation that puts me in limbo. My USC spouse has hit me, (still does) abuses me, and i am scared.

I called immigration in regards to my case and asked them if i were to leave her due to abuse "how much" evidence do i have to have?, what types of evidence and "how many times" does it have to occur before they consider it abuse.

The immigration officer told me "i can not tell you that, there is no certain amout, it could be once, or 100 times". But that i had to have "strong evidence" such as a police report. I then asked him "how many? 1? and will 1 be sufficient? 2 or 3?", which in reply he said "i can't tell you that either, but your USC spouse will not help you out in your situation either"

I do have photos that i personally took of an incident that occured where she hit me and my chest was all scratched up and bleeding all because i could not help her carry something (as i already had my hands full carrying something else)

Another unfortunate case, she has stated that she will "not give me a divorce" either due to her knowledge of me as a conditional resident and to see my life made as she states, " a living hell" . So my question is.....HOW could i file a waiver if she would not be willing to even sign a divorce?...i would be stuck, no divorce decree to file an abused waiver, and i would get put into deportation proceedings.(which i want to avoid) My USC spouse knows that i am a conditional resident, and has stated that she would never be willing to co-operate and do the opposite.

In the beginning, she was very nice to me, but within a few months, she changed.Since immigrating here, she has constantly hit me, gets in my face, and "threatens" me about deportation all the time if i dont do whatever it is that she wants. It is like she is witholding me to see the worst for me

What makes matters worse, is that she has some family who are lawyers in high places and tells me that she will "make sure" that my life will be made hell, that her family members (who are lawyers there are 2 that are) will assure that i will be deported and banned from ever entering the U.S. again even if i am a permanent resident/citizen. Her 2 family members that are lawyers have also threatened me with that aswell. One is a lawyer in the senate. (what is a lawyer in the senate?and are they that powerful?)

I dont know what to do, i have absolutely nothing back in my home country,no family at all, no job,no home. I have established a life here in the U.S. i have a job, i am taking college classes. I am a conditional resident and have to file to lift the conditions soon.

What do i do??????....hang on until the conditions are lifted, THEN divorce her? and hope for the best? i have what i believe is sufficient evidence, that could see me through filing jointly because i know she will not give me a divorce and do everything she can to see me deported by calling immigration.

If i was to ever make it through this nightmate, and eventualy apply for citizenship, would all her false accusations against me come up at the interview?

It is not fair, and i don't feel that it is right to bring someone here to the U.S. and then if they do not do everything you want them to do as a slave to them, they can hit you, abuse you, threaten to call immigration on you, then throw you away in the trash after they've done. Help me please.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.