JeanBLu

DS-2002: Athens Embassy

4 posts in this topic

Hi there,

So my fiancee received packet 3 via email the other day but it really raised more questions than it answered.

They make reference to a form DS-2002 which is necessary to obtain the penal records but the form seems to be missing.

We are assuming that form DS-2002 is actually the instruction sheet that itself references DS-2002 in the third person.

We've tried calling and emailing but have received the standard "we are unable to answer any questions regarding forms" and no response to our emails.

We'd love to hear from anyone who's had experience with this.

Many thanks,
Jean

3. GREEK POLICE CERTIFICATE: For residents in Greece, A PENAL RECORD FOR JUDICIAL UPURPOSE is requested.

PENAL RECORD: A penal record for judicial purpose can be obtained by presenting Form DS-2002 at the Public Prosecutor’s office in the district of the applicant’s birth, or from the Bureau of Penal Records – Ministry of Justice, for persons born in Athens/Piraeus district. For persons born outside Greece, this certificate is obtainable from the “Penal Service for foreigners” (Mesogion 96, Athens, Greece).

NOTE: Penal records for JUDICIAL USE will be sent directly to the U.S. Embassy in Athens-they will not be sent or given to the applicant. Please do not obtain penal record for General Use as it is NOT acceptable by the U.S. Embassy.

If applying from outside of Greece, both Greek and foreign nationals must apply to the Greek Embassies at their place of residence and include in their written application full details of their identity & residence in Greece. Penal Records will be sent directly to the Greek Embassies from where the request was filed. Foreign nationals are not able to apply for Greek penal records outside of Greece.

• 4 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Greece
Timeline

Hello,

I have the exact same issue with you. I have not been able to find this form anywhere online. I hope you managed to sort it out. May I ask what did you end up doing about the penal record? Was your fiance able to retrieve it and how?

Thank you!

Hi there!!

It turns out that the DS-2002 is basically the email document they send out with the instructions, the one that contains the fiancee's name.

We printed this document out and made sure my fiancee signed and dated it and she presented it to the office that deals with penal records, the eisaggelia, of the place where she was born.

Be sure to request the penal record for judicial use. They will then mail this out directly to the embassy.

Also be certain to request penal records from any country in which you lived for more than 6 months.

Let us know if you have any questions and best of luck!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Greece
Timeline

Thank you so much for your response. Who would've thought this form was right in front of me! :)

So I guess I must also request a penal record from my time as a student in the UK. Quite useful to know, thanks!

Edited by jofra

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.