cat

Lifting conditions for K2

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

My daughter came with me on K2 visa. So I can apply on the same I-751 form for her. But I did not understand where?

In the case "list of your children" we will list my husband's son who is american. How to notify that for my daughter I need to permanent GC? If sendign her temp GC and passport stamp is enough?

Jun 26th, 2003 - NOA 1 (CSC)

Jan 08th, 2003 - NOA 2

Jan 14th, 2004 - NVC received case

Jan 22nd, 2004 - NVC sent to embassy

Jan 31st, 2004 - Received packet 3

Feb 13th, 2004 - Embassy received DS230 and checklist

March 5th, 2004 - Packet 4

March 17th, 2004 - Successful interview at US embassy

March 30th, 2004 - WEDDING DAY

April 10th 2004- Receive SSN by mail

April 16th, 2004- Our AOS application is sent

June 10th, 2004 - EAD and AP

June 10th, 2004 - AOS Fingerprints

August 19th 2004 - Successful AOS interview

March 30th 2006 - Sent our I-751 applications

June 16th, 2006 - Received a letter with 1 year extention for our Green cards

JULY 16th, 2006 - OUR BABY SON IS BORN WE ALL ARE SO HAPPY !!!!

August 19th, 2006 - Received 10 year Green cards

Filed: Timeline
Hi,

My daughter came with me on K2 visa. So I can apply on the same I-751 form for her. But I did not understand where?

In the case "list of your children" we will list my husband's son who is american. How to notify that for my daughter I need to permanent GC? If sending her temp GC and passport stamp is enough?

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/remcond.htm

If your child received conditional resident status within 90 days of when you did, then your child may be included in your application to remove the conditions on permanent residence. Your child must file a separate application if your child received conditional resident status more than 90 days after you did.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"list of your children" means all your children, since it's your application, not your husband's application.

I just looked at the packet we sent and we included copies of the front and back of our daughter's I-551 card, the info page from her passport, her Maryland ID card, her Welcome Letter and her actual approval letter and copy of her SSN card since we haven't separated it from the card that has the address.

Without look at the instructions, I think only the copy of I-551 card is required, but we wanted no doubt of her AOS being approved at the same time as the wife's and that she lived at the same address as us.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the fun part was that the one year status extension notice wife received made no mention of daughter. We waited about a month and made an INFOPASS appointment to make sure daughter was included on the I-751. People at Baltimore office, "that's a good question". So they faxed both of their AOS approval notices and some other stuff to the Vermont Service Center and said to see what happens.

Well at just about that time I heard about the CIS Ombudsman. So I sent an e-mail to ask him to look into what was going on. Just a little over a month after we went into the Baltimore, daughter finally receives a notice that she has been included on the wife's I-751.

Now here is the good part. Two month after that, three months after I sent the e-mail I get a form letter e-mail from Ombudsman's office saying they can't do anything through e-mail that we need to write a letter. Three freakin months to tell me to write a letter. LOL

thank you.

What should I put in Immigration statut? Conditional green card?

Jun 26th, 2003 - NOA 1 (CSC)

Jan 08th, 2003 - NOA 2

Jan 14th, 2004 - NVC received case

Jan 22nd, 2004 - NVC sent to embassy

Jan 31st, 2004 - Received packet 3

Feb 13th, 2004 - Embassy received DS230 and checklist

March 5th, 2004 - Packet 4

March 17th, 2004 - Successful interview at US embassy

March 30th, 2004 - WEDDING DAY

April 10th 2004- Receive SSN by mail

April 16th, 2004- Our AOS application is sent

June 10th, 2004 - EAD and AP

June 10th, 2004 - AOS Fingerprints

August 19th 2004 - Successful AOS interview

March 30th 2006 - Sent our I-751 applications

June 16th, 2006 - Received a letter with 1 year extention for our Green cards

JULY 16th, 2006 - OUR BABY SON IS BORN WE ALL ARE SO HAPPY !!!!

August 19th, 2006 - Received 10 year Green cards

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.