Mrs. Neris

Dominican Rep. Interview to passport in hand???

11 posts in this topic

Por This people Who already done interview in Dominican Republic please help me!! How long after interview hoy can have you passport with the visa to Travel? And how Its work now? Do they still using domex?

This is the information that is on the US Consulate for Santo Domingo web page .

1. Visit www.ustraveldocs.com/do and follow the instructions to create an account and profile. You will also select a place of delivery for your approved visa packet. It is important to provide an e-mail address where you can be reached so that the Embassy can communicate with you about your case.

Like NikkiG just posted, NO DOMEX. You must create a profile through ustraveldocs to choose a Mailbox pick location. Once visa is approved, they will send passport to selected location in about 8 days. if you havent, you must do it asap as you need to schedule an appointment at the VAC at 360 gallery. This appointment should be about 10 days before you interview.

BACKGROUND

Known my SO forever~
Lived in DR since I was 7 until 16.
June 17, 2009 - Became Boyfriend & Girlfriend <3
August 22, 2015- Married cheesy.gif

USCIS

September 12th, 2015 - I-130 Packet sent via FedEx
September 15th, 2015 - I-130 Packet Delivered by FedEx ( Delivery Notification signed by J. Chyba)

September 15th, 2015 - Priority Date (Routed to Nebraska Service Center)

September 17th, 2015 - NOA1 email and text received from USCIS. :)

March 11th, 2016 - Approval date ( routed to NVC) :dancing:

March 12th, 2016 - NOA2email and text received from USCIS.

March 24th, 2016 - Text n email ( Case sent to NVC for processing)

NVC

March 31st, 2016 - Case received at NVC ( called to confirm)

April 8th, 2016 - Case # and Invoice # Assigned ( 8 Days from NVC receiving)

April 11th, 2016 - Choice of Agent Completed. DS-261, Paid AOS Fee

April 12th, 2016 - AOS shows 'Paid", IV bill Generated and Paid.

April 14th, 2016 - IV Fee showed as Paid. IV App unlocked.

April 15th, 2016 - IV Application DS 260 completed and submitted

May 20th, 2016 - AOS and IV Docs sent to NVC via 2-day Delivery :dancing:

May 23, 2016 - Packet received by NVC, Notification from USPS confirmed.

May 23, 2016 - SCAN DATE ( received email from NVC)

May 31, 2016 - CASE COMPLETE ( confirmed via phone) 8 days from scan day! Amazing :wow:

June 7, 2016 - Case complete Email Received. Exactly 7 Days after actual CC.

June 27, 2016 - Interview scheduled!!!!!!!! :dancing:

EMBASSY

July 18, 2016- VAC and Medical Appointment

August 3rd, 2016 - Interview Date

Like NikkiG just posted, NO DOMEX. You must create a profile through ustraveldocs to choose a Mailbox pick location. Once visa is approved, they will send passport to selected location in about 8 days. if you havent, you must do it asap as you need to schedule an appointment at the VAC at 360 gallery. This appointment should be about 10 days before you interview.

Ok, Thank u. I Make My profile already in the page and i take a place next to My house in My original place. But i wanna Make sure if is in this place Where a will get My papers Plus Im having problems with My boss cause he dont want to give me the days that Im Asking. Interview is the 30 and Im Asking for be off since the 29 until October 9. I think i should have the passport around This time

ok. the passport may or may not be ready by that day. I don't think you should plan according to that as anything can happen with this visa process. It can come earlier than expected and certainly it may be ready much later. I am not saying you wont receive it by that day, all I am saying be extra careful with your plans so that you save yourself a headache especially if you are planning to head back to the USA with relatives who will be receiving visas. Hopefully everything turns out good.

Good luck.

Edited by rodriguezhiraldo

BACKGROUND

Known my SO forever~
Lived in DR since I was 7 until 16.
June 17, 2009 - Became Boyfriend & Girlfriend <3
August 22, 2015- Married cheesy.gif

USCIS

September 12th, 2015 - I-130 Packet sent via FedEx
September 15th, 2015 - I-130 Packet Delivered by FedEx ( Delivery Notification signed by J. Chyba)

September 15th, 2015 - Priority Date (Routed to Nebraska Service Center)

September 17th, 2015 - NOA1 email and text received from USCIS. :)

March 11th, 2016 - Approval date ( routed to NVC) :dancing:

March 12th, 2016 - NOA2email and text received from USCIS.

March 24th, 2016 - Text n email ( Case sent to NVC for processing)

NVC

March 31st, 2016 - Case received at NVC ( called to confirm)

April 8th, 2016 - Case # and Invoice # Assigned ( 8 Days from NVC receiving)

April 11th, 2016 - Choice of Agent Completed. DS-261, Paid AOS Fee

April 12th, 2016 - AOS shows 'Paid", IV bill Generated and Paid.

April 14th, 2016 - IV Fee showed as Paid. IV App unlocked.

April 15th, 2016 - IV Application DS 260 completed and submitted

May 20th, 2016 - AOS and IV Docs sent to NVC via 2-day Delivery :dancing:

May 23, 2016 - Packet received by NVC, Notification from USPS confirmed.

May 23, 2016 - SCAN DATE ( received email from NVC)

May 31, 2016 - CASE COMPLETE ( confirmed via phone) 8 days from scan day! Amazing :wow:

June 7, 2016 - Case complete Email Received. Exactly 7 Days after actual CC.

June 27, 2016 - Interview scheduled!!!!!!!! :dancing:

EMBASSY

July 18, 2016- VAC and Medical Appointment

August 3rd, 2016 - Interview Date

Perfect example of not being on time . My K- visa was approved on August 24,2015 . My fiance is still waiting for his passport . There are some people that recieve their passports within days of their approval and there are others like myself that have to wait a little longer . :ranting: Just figure we have been through the worst part and we were approved now just have to wait to see when the embassy will mail the passport to the designated mailbox we chose.

ok. the passport may or may not be ready by that day. I don't think you should plan according to that as anything can happen with this visa process. It can come earlier than expected and certainly it may be ready much later. I am not saying you wont receive it by that day, all I am saying be extra careful with your plans so that you save yourself a headache especially if you are planning to head back to the USA with relatives who will be receiving visas. Hopefully everything turns out good.

Good luck.

Ok. Lets pud in the hands of God

Perfect example of not being on time . My K- visa was approved on August 24,2015 . My fiance is still waiting for his passport . There are some people that recieve their passports within days of their approval and there are others like myself that have to wait a little longer . :ranting: Just figure we have been through the worst part and we were approved now just have to wait to see when the embassy will mail the passport to the designated mailbox we chose.

Sorry about It i have This issue with My husband in 2012 passport take about more than two weeks and it was cause i went in Person to de domex office in Santo domingo to pick It Up cause they told Its Going to be one more week for delivery

Sorry about It i have This issue with My husband in 2012 passport take about more than two weeks and it was cause i went in Person to de domex office in Santo domingo to pick It Up cause they told Its Going to be one more week for deliver

Well that makes sense, the worst is over and God is a great we were approved now it is just a waiting game. :innocent:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.