Shanelle

October Interviews

64 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

wishing you and easy interview and all the best!! My interview is Oct 20, but flying in to Mtl tomorrow as my medical is the 14th

Thank you. Good luck to you, too.

Timeline

Wife just finished her Medical in Medisys Montreal and her interview is Oct. 19th @9am... a little nervous but looking forward to finally being together. I hope everything goes smoothly, but VJ has been amazing for preparing. I drive to pick her up and hope she gets approved and her visa packet 3-7 days (fingers crossed). I want to be able to leave the 27th or 28th the latest! :)

Her medical was 11am and she was out by 12:30. Everything was quick, organized and easy. Now on to the interview!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I wouldn't be surprised if it takes longer. Our case was in Ready status for over 2 weeks after interview and approved. But at least this is some progress. But we had a strange case. I am not a Canadian citizen or resident in anyway. I'm here with work visa. And only Montreal would process such case. Had to fly out from BC all the way to Montreal.

I think it takes longer because they needed to check my passport for authenticity before they stamp visa on it. Other than that, everything went so easily. Interview was great. Every paperwork they needed were submitted. We were so prepared.

Edited by CherRy143

Timeline

I wouldn't be surprised if it takes longer. Our case was in Ready status for over 2 weeks after interview and approved. But at least this is some progress. But we had a strange case. I am not a Canadian citizen or resident in anyway. I'm here with work visa. And only Montreal would process such case. Had to fly out from BC all the way to Montreal.

I think it takes longer because they needed to check my passport for authenticity before they stamp visa on it. Other than that, everything went so easily. Interview was great. Every paperwork they needed were submitted. We were so prepared.

I'm on work visa, too. May I asked where you from? I hope I don't have to wait long for my visa to be issued.

Filed: Timeline

It was hack of a day ... stayed at Sherbrooke Ave., registered online for Loomis in a last moment in midnight ... Early in the morning without having a breakfast walked to consulate :( ... reached there at 7:30 ..got #7 :D,

My first number called at 9:00. The lady officer couldn't able to find my file on her computer and first asked me about my status here :S then about the letter and passport.... then she said "is my appointment today even she had my letter in her hands :D....Finally she walked into the office and asked senior officers to check my file and comeback asked me to wait and sit.

Second time called me at same window... this time she had my file in hard copy took my medical, and other documents, checked all documents again ask new photos, tax documents and gave me CD from the doctor as well as one copy of legal rights and ask me to read it properly before the main interview.

Then finally at 10 O.clock the second officer called me asked me to read the statement for telling the truth and check my file again asking typical questions like when we met, about marriage date, her and mine marital status ....confusing that time. come to point about how gonna my house wife support me ... I replied him simply that I am doing it and i will do it. then he asked me did i read the paper about legal rights of residents .... I replied to that... after that he asked about my joint sponsor and again asking question about how i m gonna survive there.... confusing again.... he was looking and writing something on his computer ... than he said my visa is approved and will see you there in US.... loomis will contact and that it... :D.....then went back to exit and that all for today....

P.S: Online status shows ... Issued :D

Edited by sted

Timeline

It was hack of a day ... stayed at Sherbrooke Ave., registered online for Loomis in a last moment in midnight ... Early in the morning without having a breakfast walked to consulate :( ... reached there at 7:30 ..got #7 :D,

My first number called at 9:00. The lady officer couldn't able to find my file on her computer and first asked me about my status here :S then about the letter and passport.... then she said "is my appointment today even she had my letter in her hands :D....Finally she walked into the office and asked senior officers to check my file and comeback asked me to wait and sit.

Second time called me at same window... this time she had my file in hard copy took my medical, and other documents, checked all documents again ask new photos, tax documents and gave me CD from the doctor as well as one copy of legal rights and ask me to read it properly before the main interview.

Then finally at 10 O.clock the second officer called me asked me to read the statement for telling the truth and check my file again asking typical questions like when we met, about marriage date, her and mine marital status ....confusing that time. come to point about how gonna my house wife support me ... I replied him simply that I am doing it and i will do it. then he asked me did i read the paper about legal rights of residents .... I replied to that... after that he asked about my joint sponsor and again asking question about how i m gonna survive there.... confusing again.... he was looking and writing something on his computer ... than he said my visa is approved and will see you there in US.... loomis will contact and that it... :D.....then went back to exit and that all for today....

P.S: Online status shows ... Issued :D

Congratulations.

Timeline

On Sept 23 I was notified of my interview (spousal visa) for Oct 7. Approved. As of today Oct 22 it still says "ready to schedule interview" on CEAC. I think it'####### or miss. Extremely annoyed.

See profile for our K-1 Visa/AOS story from 2010-2011Apparently we love USCIS/NVC so much we left and are doing it again! This time giving IR-1 a whirl. Rock on immigrators.

07/09/2014 sent in IR-1 packet to Chicago Lockbox

07/16/2014 NOA1

07/17/2014 check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2014 found out we are expecting baby #2 June 2015!

12/15/2014 NOA2

12/30/2014 Case received by NVC

03/23/2015 Received Case and Inv # from NVC after many calls and bogus excuses.

03/24/2015 AOS payment accepted by NVC

04/09/2015 IV payment finally accepted by NVC after the set the wrong fee and took weeks to correct it.

*many more delays thanks to the agency processing my fingers prints to the RCMP and the post office losing our mail*

05/20/2015 Packet sent to NVC via UPS, eta May 28.

06/16/2015 Baby #2 due - homebirth in Scottsdale, AZ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.