The Engineer

DV 2016 Winners From MOROCCO - Casablanca Embassy, meet here.

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

It's been two months since I started learning about DV 2016 but i'm not seeing or hearing any communications from persons in the above country ( MOROCCO ).
Please let's use this thread for 2016 Moroccan DV winners. . Let's meet here, encourage and exchange helpful informations.
Thank You

Timeline

I'm so sorry to hear that bro, what was the main problem that puted you on AP, can you tell me please how was the interview ? what question did they asked you ? do they said visa approved or they need time to review you case again ?

Sorry again, i only wait for the 2NL and it's stressful, but you should stay optimist, you gonna get it godwilling, try to contact the embassy and ask about your case, maybe this gonna update your case somehow ,

Filed: Timeline

The interview went smoothly for me, first she ask me (I interviewed by a female agent) if I do drugs, answer No, and asked about my education what I did after I get High school degree and what I study in the university, and asked if I have family and friends in USA, and the person I put his address in ds-260 and how he went to USA and what is his work, and where are you going in USA (the state / city).

that's what I recall (I passed the interview in may), it went quickly.

in the end she told me your case is approved, and she congratulate me for winning the DV, and wished me good luck in my journey to USA, and told me to come buck after 6 days to pick up my visa, but when I went to pick it up, they told me we will call you that's it no other words, and here I'm still waiting it's over than 3 months now,

I send several email and called the embassy phone same answer wait we will call you if your visa is available.

PS: my case changed to READY on June 9, and stayed that way but the date changed several time, the last time two days ago (Aug 25) but remain READY but they told me I'm still in AP, I don't understand if I'm in AP why my case showed as READY (from the day if the interview and June 8 my case was "Administrative Processing")

this my sad story, and I hope nobody face the same pain I did.

Edited by upkilo

Timeline

The interview went smoothly for me, first she ask me (I interviewed by a female agent) if I do drugs, answer No, and asked about my education what I did after I get High school degree and what I study in the university, and asked if I have family and friends in USA, and the person I put his address in ds-260 and how he went to USA and what is his work, and where are you going in USA (the state / city).

that's what I recall (I passed the interview in may), it went quickly.

in the end she told me your case is approved, and she congratulate me for winning the DV, and wished me good luck in my journey to USA, and told me to come buck after 6 days to pick up my visa, but when I went to pick it up, they told me we will call you that's it no other words, and here I'm still waiting it's over than 3 months now,

I send several email and called the embassy phone same answer wait we will call you if your visa is available.

PS: my case changed to READY on June 9, and stayed that way but the date changed several time, the last time two days ago (Aug 25) but remain READY but they told me I'm still in AP, I don't understand if I'm in AP why my case showed as READY (from the day if the interview and June 8 my case was "Administrative Processing")

this my sad story, and I hope nobody face the same pain I did.

Thanks god the interview went so smoothly and i'm really sorry for what happened, but stay strong, i believe they will issue it very soon, maybe they're just waiting for a visa to be available for you, if it's ready, it mean as i think you case is ready, and need only an available visa to print it and give you back your passport

thank you for the story, i hope it won't happen to me, even if i have doubts about a paper maybe i will ask for another one, because i lived in another country from 18yrs to 24yrs so i took my police certificate and come back to Morocco, but i just noticed lately that the certificate only have my name, birthday and place of birth, and does not contain my ID number, so i'm not sure if it gonna make a problem, so i start thinking about asking one of my friends abroad to go take another one for me and ask to put my ID number, and the send it to me before i receive my 2NL.

can you please tell me what papers did you took with you to the embassy ? how was it there ? and the cost of medicals ? and translation ? please .

Timeline

This is 2015

you were selected for visa for 2016?

your visa must be issued before the 30th of September for the year you were chosen

that would be next year

Yes Adil & Jeanne, i'm selected for DV2016 and i think my interview will be by Novembre God Willing,

but upkilo was selected for DV2015 , wish the best for all of us, and wish his visa will be issued before the 30th of september

first I want to let you know that its a Consulate in Casablanca, the embassy it's in the capital Rabat.

- passport (they demand it + the photo + High school certificate in the front window of the consulate)

- High school certificate (it's mandatory they won't let you walk to the consulate if you don't have it) + translation

- Birth Certificate (Green) + translation
- Court and Prison Records (you can demand it online and pick it up from your choosing court) + translation
- Police Records + translation

- Marriage certificates (for me, I'm single I provided Celibacy certificate) + translation
- 1 photo 5*5 cm

- second letter

- DS-260 Registration Application Confirmation (they don't ask for it, but take it with you in case)

- Medical exam (there is only two certified doctors near the consulate, I suggest you go to Dr. Abdelouahed Ambari he is a nice man) the cost is 1600DH, take your passport with you and the second letter + 7 regular photos + photocopy of the passport.

* for the translation you have to chose one of the list provided by the consulate, all the information is provided in the embassy website DV section, and they all located near the consulate, the price is between 100DH and 120DH for each document, in my case I agree with the translator for 100DH (the waiting time is 1 or 2 days)

-at the day of the interview you have to pay $330 about 3200DH

Timeline

first I want to let you know that its a Consulate in Casablanca, the embassy it's in the capital Rabat.

- passport (they demand it + the photo + High school certificate in the front window of the consulate)

- High school certificate (it's mandatory they won't let you walk to the consulate if you don't have it) + translation

- Birth Certificate (Green) + translation

- Court and Prison Records (you can demand it online and pick it up from your choosing court) + translation

- Police Records + translation

- Marriage certificates (for me, I'm single I provided Celibacy certificate) + translation

- 1 photo 5*5 cm

- second letter

- DS-260 Registration Application Confirmation (they don't ask for it, but take it with you in case)

- Medical exam (there is only two certified doctors near the consulate, I suggest you go to Dr. Abdelouahed Ambari he is a nice man) the cost is 1600DH, take your passport with you and the second letter + 7 regular photos + photocopy of the passport.

* for the translation you have to chose one of the list provided by the consulate, all the information is provided in the embassy website DV section, and they all located near the consulate, the price is between 100DH and 120DH for each document, in my case I agree with the translator for 100DH (the waiting time is 1 or 2 days)

-at the day of the interview you have to pay $330 about 3200DH

Thank you Bro, i didn't knew this difference between the one in rabat. and the other one in casablanca,

And thank you about the papers, i took notice of them,

and i found one on the list and located in kenitra a few weeks ago and did translated some papers i will need them for other stuff and maybe the interview too. it costed me 130Dh for each. the waiting time was 5days,

and the visa fee i saw they said i must consider 1$=10dh, so 3300dh, but thank you so much, you help me to confirm that i'm on the right way

and i saw somewhere that after you left the consulate, you must go to website and chose where do you want to pick up your passport, did you did this step, ? maybe you should to when you visa statu turn to Issued, you will receive it right after it, and sorry if i don;t say much, i don't know how to really help. but thank you for helping me instead .

Does Dr Ambari cost more or less than Dr Nezha el fehri ? and should i call to schedule an appointment or just take my papers and go ?

i live in kenitra by the way.

when I passed the interview, they gave me a pink paper and told me to come buck to the consulate to pick up the visa, we waited at the front window they hand the passport and the other traveling documents from there, that's the old system, but starting from August there is a new system, basically after you you approved they will give an instruction how to create an account in http://www.ustraveldocs.com and select an Aramex office to pick up your Visa from it.

they no longer hand the Visa's from the consulate, perhaps they had some problems with that, for me they told me and the other to come puck Tuesday to pick-up the Visa, we were some 20+ people, they gave the visa to 5 to 8, and the rest, some told to come buck tomorrow or in two days, the rest like me "we will call you", they were some angry people you know Morocco some traveled from across the country and treated like this, for me I didn't speak I was in chock even I traveled from a long distance, I thought they will call in week not 107 days now and still counting.

Edited by upkilo

Timeline

I'm So sorry Upkilo for your sad experience, but stay strong please. when you think about your document and you had everything in order, they don't have any reason to refuse it, you even was told you're approved, stay patient and optimist and you gonna get your passport with the visa godwilling, i think by the end of this month, there will be some ppl who was refused ther visa for august cut off, and there will be new visa numbers available and you gonna get your, it won't take longer , and try to call the consulate two times at least per week, and two emails per week, to show your concern, i'm sure they will try to resolve your case, SO BE STRONG, BE OPTIMISTIC,

i opened an account in the given website and did all the steps and got my transaction confirmation number that and they gave me a paper to print and take with me to the interview and give it to them to pick up later my passport, i didn't know i should do it before the interview.

Thank you for everything Mr @upkilo, god will see the help you gave to me and will help you too.

Timeline

DV 2016 winner - i have a problem with DS-260 application , the problem is that i don't have a US Address 'cause i don't know anyone there .. any suggestions?

I may suggest you to put an hotel address and try to find someone, a friend, or a friend of a friend living in us, so you may change the address once you go to the interview, best of luck

Wait until someone give a better solution, someone more experienced than me,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.