ahadu

administration processing

40 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi there!

Just as a reference My congressman sent an email to MTL on Aug/10 so far Nothing!! no answer, they just sent another email on Monday... still waiting. My husband's interview was May 21. Maybe your congressman will be more pushy than mine.
Best of luck!!

this is so sad really, they don't even answer to a congressman??? that would be my last resort. hope they will answer to the second e-mail idy, wish you the best. and the funny thing is they kept my passport and i can't even go to states to see my wife. really stuck here.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

this is so sad really, they don't even answer to a congressman??? that would be my last resort. hope they will answer to the second e-mail idy, wish you the best. and the funny thing is they kept my passport and i can't even go to states to see my wife. really stuck here.

Indeed it's really sad. You can request your passport to travel. just make sure to get 2 way ticket just in case they ask you. My husband tried to enter as many other times but he used to get one way ticket and at time of return shop around for the way back. after the interview Border patrol didn't let him because they told him "he's a possible immigrant"!! and the system shows that he is under AP. so until the embassy decision is made he can not come in not even in transit.
Anyways you should try all resources, congressman, senator... It's not ok what is happening at MTL. they just keep ignoring emails or answer with automatic replies. Maybe you get a better luck.
keep me posted :-)

Timeline

hi there is there any response from montreal to your congressman?? coz am about to involve mine and would like to know how long does montreal takes to respond. thanks

My husband only sent it in a few days ago...I don't think we have a reply from our congressman yet. Probably next week.

Hi there!

Just as a reference My congressman sent an email to MTL on Aug/10 so far Nothing!! no answer, they just sent another email on Monday... still waiting. My husband's interview was May 21. Maybe your congressman will be more pushy than mine.
Best of luck!!

That is so confusing! In the other thread a poster said they couldnt hold your passport past 90 days...it it has been well past 90 days for you. Its actually verging on 120! Is it because you had the white form after? Maybe that was the difference?

Timeline

Hi PriyaB:

Just got response from my congressman confirming that my husband's case is under security review because he was born in Cuba. (they didn't say the Cuba part but, What else?) most cases are resolved in less than 6 months. there's nothing we can do to expedite.
yes, his 221 is white.
It's a shame the consulates don't disclose this at time of interview.
I really hope and pray for everybody waiting to finish this nightmare soon.

Timeline

Hi PriyaB:

Just got response from my congressman confirming that my husband's case is under security review because he was born in Cuba. (they didn't say the Cuba part but, What else?) most cases are resolved in less than 6 months. there's nothing we can do to expedite.
yes, his 221 is white.
It's a shame the consulates don't disclose this at time of interview.
I really hope and pray for everybody waiting to finish this nightmare soon.

hi ldy i am sorry to hear that and its frustrating. just involved my congressman and today all of the sudden the date changed but still adminstration processing, just wondering if the date of your case has changed at the time your congressman requested or emailed MTL.

Timeline

hi ldy i am sorry to hear that and its frustrating. just involved my congressman and today all of the sudden the date changed but still adminstration processing, just wondering if the date of your case has changed at the time your congressman requested or emailed MTL.

Hi ahadu:

yes, the status date has changed every time I sent an email and when the congressman did the inquiry. But always showing "Administrative Processing"

Timeline

Hey "ahadu" whenever someone (you or your congressman contacts them the date on your case is usually updated. Sometimes the same day sometimes a day or so later. Your wait time is probably also being impacted by your country of origin even though you have sent them the required documents to satisfy what you needed based on the 221g. Hang in there.If your congressman uses the correct process he/she should receive clarifying information for you even though that won't necessarily expedite the process.

Timeline

Hi ahadu:

yes, the status date has changed every time I sent an email and when the congressman did the inquiry. But always showing "Administrative Processing"

ok thanks , i was a bit excited, to see the date change with out me sending them an e-mail. good to know that the date changes even when the congressman inquires.

Timeline

Hey "ahadu" whenever someone (you or your congressman contacts them the date on your case is usually updated. Sometimes the same day sometimes a day or so later. Your wait time is probably also being impacted by your country of origin even though you have sent them the required documents to satisfy what you needed based on the 221g. Hang in there.If your congressman uses the correct process he/she should receive clarifying information for you even though that won't necessarily expedite the process.

great thanks CandAm. good to know. i thought the involvement of your congressman did expedite your case.

Timeline

great thanks CandAm. good to know. i thought the involvement of your congressman did expedite your case.

Hey "ahadu" in our case we are convinced our congressman's involvement was a great help. However in our case we were issued the 221g for missing document. So we were in AP from the date of interview 5/5/15 until MTL received the document. After that our status was changed to READY on 6/2/15 and we stayed stuck on READY from June 2 until July 29th when the status was changed to ISSUED.. In some cases where you are issued a 221g in addition to the minimum 8 weeks or 60 days that they take to review your file and the documents you may remain under AP for an extended period because your country of origin is on their list that they feel require in-depth security checks and reviews. (It's really sad that they do not have a quicker and better process to review these cases especially when families are being subjected to long periods of separation :( Those are the cases where nothing really can be done to expedite the process. Sometimes you are not even given a 221g and you leave the interview thinking all is well only to find yourself stuck on AP for what seems like eternity!! However they may give more detailed feedback to your Congressman than they would to your normal Inquiry so it's good to get them involved and to stay on top of your case. Praying and hoping things move soon for you.

Timeline

Hey "ahadu" in our case we are convinced our congressman's involvement was a great help. However in our case we were issued the 221g for missing document. So we were in AP from the date of interview 5/5/15 until MTL received the document. After that our status was changed to READY on 6/2/15 and we stayed stuck on READY from June 2 until July 29th when the status was changed to ISSUED.. In some cases where you are issued a 221g in addition to the minimum 8 weeks or 60 days that they take to review your file and the documents you may remain under AP for an extended period because your country of origin is on their list that they feel require in-depth security checks and reviews. (It's really sad that they do not have a quicker and better process to review these cases especially when families are being subjected to long periods of separation :( Those are the cases where nothing really can be done to expedite the process. Sometimes you are not even given a 221g and you leave the interview thinking all is well only to find yourself stuck on AP for what seems like eternity!! However they may give more detailed feedback to your Congressman than they would to your normal Inquiry so it's good to get them involved and to stay on top of your case. Praying and hoping things move soon for you.

i see !!! thank you that explains it all candAm. the scary part is no one knows how long this would go like this, and the is no law to stop them from doing what they are doing except the LORD GOD home i believe can make a difference, He is the hope i have left. thank you for your support and time my dear. any update will let you know

Timeline

CandAM is right. The congressman for me changed things as well. That's when we got the real answer, otherwise we were getting standard email responses. But you do have to work very closely with the congressman as they probably have a lot of cases. But I was in the same boat as CandAm. I was given a 221g for missing document on May 27 and was placed in AP from May 27 to June 5th. Then was ready until it was issued on Sept 11. It was a looong unbareable journey but it is nice to be with my husband in a home. Good luck to all and hope the Montreal journey ends for you all.

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey friends,

I've been following along with many of your cases, and scouring the forums for weeks, but haven't joined the conversation until now.

After reading about the horrors of AP (months and months of waiting), I certainly worked myself up into a frenzy. I thought maybe I could offer some of you a little bit of solace, because after reading the forums, I thought I would be stuck in Canada for months - and that certainly was not my case.

So don't freak out right away if you're put on AP, and have to submit additional documents. Just do your best to get them to Montreal as quickly as possible.

I attended my interview at the Consulate in Montreal on October 5, 2015. I worked with lawyers, I was over-prepared, I had everything we thought that they could ever ask for... The interview was going well, the Officer was very nice, and then he asked for an I864-A form... Which I did not have. My Aunt (who is a US Citizen), had to co-sponsor me (along with my husband), and the Consulate needed proof that my Uncle (who she filed her taxes with), knew that she was sponsoring me.

Minor freakout, but the Officer assured me my application would be approved when the document was submitted. He told me that the mail was arriving much faster than it had previously, and not to worry. He gave me a white form with instructions on how to send documents to the Consulate through Loomis, and sent me on my way.

Then I found these discussions and proceeded to freak out. The thought of another 2 months (after 2 years of waiting) was devastating. While each day has been very stressful, and mostly me just refreshing the CEAC site, and checking Visa Journey for updates... the wait was only a couple of weeks.

Some background on me, I am a Canadian (born) citizen, married to a US resident (he holds a Brazilian passport). We were marred in Canada in February 2014. My Priority Date was March 31, 2014.

I applied for an F2A Visa (so through a different channel than most of you).

Timeline as follows:

01/08/14 - Married

03//31/14 - Priority Date

05/21/15 - Immigrant Application approved by NVC

09/22/15 - Interview Appointment Notice received from NVC

09/25/15 - Medical Exam with Dr. Lyndon Mascarenhas in Toronto

10/05/15 - Interview @ Montreal Consulate - Requested I-864A for joint-income co-sponsor

10/05/15 - Administrative Processing

10/08/15 - Sent I-864A document via Loomis Courier (Burlington, ON -> Montreal, QC)

10/09/15 - Documents were delivered to Montreal

10/14/15 - AP - Case Updated (I'm guessing this is when docs arrived at the Consulate)

10/15/15 - AP - Case Updated

10/16/15 - AP - Case Updated

10/19/15 - Ready

10/20/15 - Emailed Consulate about READY status (with strange blurb about needing to attend an Interview, so naturally I freaked out that something was wrong)

10/21/15 - ISSUED

I still don't have my Passport in my hands, but the light is as the end of this tunnel. Hoping that I'll have it for Monday so I can make it to Boston for my husband's birthday.

What a journey it's been. Good luck, friends. Hang in there!

Timeline

3 months today guys.

I spoke to my husband and told him to be more firm with his congressman...push them a little harder to see if they can do more than just email and ask what is going on. I hope this works.

Timeline

3 months today guys.

I spoke to my husband and told him to be more firm with his congressman...push them a little harder to see if they can do more than just email and ask what is going on. I hope this works.

My congressman just sent a second inquiry and MTL responded the same of the previous time. I know how are you feeling. We've been 5 month and 1 week waiting. Medical and Police records already expired, we haven't receive any notification for a new one.

keep me posted please.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.