AbuAmina

Immigrant Visa for Yemenis

535 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

Alhamdulillah my husband made it safe to the USA on Saturday. Good luck everyone!!!

congratulations! So happy for you!

thank you and also thank you for being around despite your case is being completed. I appreciate it.

no problem. good luck to you and your wife. Let me know if you need any help. Continue to contact the embassy.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Yemen
Timeline

What you guys think about transfer my case from Algeria to Dijbouti because I've been waiting for three months for interview day to be a schedule in Algeria .... I heard that Dijbouti processes cases faster than anywhere else for Yemeni case

Please tell me what should I do

A very helpful hint is to STOP emailing the embassy!!!! They get about 2000 emails a day and thy never view them. They send automated emails. What me and my husband did was contact the embassy by sending them letters via UPS to the Embassy in Algeria. They responded to us as soon as they recieved the letters! Try that and it will work without a doubt! Good luck everyone!!!

Timeline

A very helpful hint is to STOP emailing the embassy!!!! They get about 2000 emails a day and thy never view them. They send automated emails. What me and my husband did was contact the embassy by sending them letters via UPS to the Embassy in Algeria. They responded to us as soon as they recieved the letters! Try that and it will work without a doubt! Good luck everyone!!!

But my case still at the nvc its been completed for 3 months but still at NVC ??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Ha....I did not think of that. i will definitely try it. thank you for the tip:)

Timeline

Did NVC tell you why your case has not transferred to the Embassy?

They said they're not going to transfer the case until there's an appointment has been scheduled for me

Did NVC tell you why your case has not transferred to the Embassy?

They said they're not going to transfer the case until there's an appointment has been scheduled for me

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Good morning and Jummah Mubarak!

iA this friday brings good news to everyone that is waiting.

Jummah Mubarak to you as well and to everyone here.

thank you for checking on us...still no news on the interview date for me at least. still waiting...InshAallah soon.

Timeline

Salam everyone, AllahmedAllah we got the interview date today after long wait. my interview date is on February 16th at 10am. The only problem is that they didn't send me the interview latter that was suppose to be attached to the email. From my understanding that I will need it to schedule a medical test and the way to enter the embassy. Any one had this problem before?

Timeline

Salam everyone, AllahmedAllah we got the interview date today after long wait. my interview date is on February 16th at 10am. The only problem is that they didn't send me the interview latter that was suppose to be attached to the email. From my understanding that I will need it to schedule a medical test and the way to enter the embassy. Any one had this problem before?

Congrats! I had the same problem only I didn't even get the email but like you we didn't have the interview letter. He tried scheduling a medical test but they wouldn't schedule it unless he had the interview letter, and as far as getting into the embassy they have a list of everyone that has an interview that day so as long as your name is on that paper you don't have to have the interview letter. My husband got in and interviewed without it and just did his medical after, but it is nicer to do medical before because if everything goes well in the interview the wait to get the visa is a lot less.

and update on my case: My husband finally got his visa yesterday! Alhamdillah. His interview was Dec. 16th. It was "Issued" on the ceac website January 7th and his visa was given January 24.

Edited by Nass_3

Timeline

Congrats! I had the same problem only I didn't even get the email but like you we didn't have the interview letter. He tried scheduling a medical test but they wouldn't schedule it unless he had the interview letter, and as far as getting into the embassy they have a list of everyone that has an interview that day so as long as your name is on that paper you don't have to have the interview letter. My husband got in and interviewed without it and just did his medical after, but it is nicer to do medical before because if everything goes well in the interview the wait to get the visa is a lot less.

and update on my case: My husband finally got his visa yesterday! Alhamdillah. His interview was Dec. 16th. It was "Issued" on the ceac website January 7th and his visa was given January 24.

Congrats on your husband getting his visa:)

the question is how was he able to get a medical test? I also heard that it takes a long time to get an medical exam appointment since there is only one location that does it.

Timeline

What country

And how long did you wait from case compete till interview date??

Timeline

Also, I'm sure If you email them they will be able to send you the interview letter because the interview is still in a couple weeks

On their website, it says they only respond now to people who's case has an interview only so they can focus on them so inshallah you will get the interview letter and do your medical before the interview.

Edited by Nass_3

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.