AbuAmina

Immigrant Visa for Yemenis

535 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Redevany, do you book your flight from Jordan to Algeria from Yemen?

I did fly using Jordanian Airline booked it via Expedia.com online travel agent. Expedia provides for some of their flights 24 hours a chance to cancel your flight which what I needed since flying from Yemen was extremely unreliable. so I booked my flight to Algeria 24 hours before going to Amman from Yemen.

Filed: Other Country: Yemen
Timeline

congrats!

when you say the case completed, are we taking about the USCIS or NVC? my USCIS completed in March of 2014. NVC completed in May of 2015.

Wow thats a long time my case was filed in the middle of feburary of 2013 and completed in july of 2013 from nvc

Timeline

Wow thats a long time my case was filed in the middle of feburary of 2013 and completed in july of 2013 from nvc

I have a feeling that I will be waiting for a long time before we can have an interview considering that my case completed May of this year. :( but who knows...Aallah kareem!

Good luck on your interview and let us know how it goes.

Timeline

So today when I called my senator or the guy the works with him to be percise the one who is helping us out with all of this .. He said he hasn't goten a reply from neither Cairo nor algeris so he said now what he will do will ask the NVC to loop in on this.. Or something like that basicly he will ask them to try to get an answer from Cairo on what is happening with my physical file and he said he will try calling the embassy in Cairo but he told me give me another week for an answer .. So yeah basiclly week after week and I'm so afraid I go back to square one where they say that it's just Gona take serveral weeks to move the file ... Oh and also the guy who had the same interview appt as my husband on the 23rd of June got an interview email for the end of October In Djibouti allah kareem

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

So today when I called my senator or the guy the works with him to be percise the one who is helping us out with all of this .. He said he hasn't goten a reply from neither Cairo nor algeris so he said now what he will do will ask the NVC to loop in on this.. Or something like that basicly he will ask them to try to get an answer from Cairo on what is happening with my physical file and he said he will try calling the embassy in Cairo but he told me give me another week for an answer .. So yeah basiclly week after week and I'm so afraid I go back to square one where they say that it's just Gona take serveral weeks to move the file ... Oh and also the guy who had the same interview appt as my husband on the 23rd of June got an interview email for the end of October In Djibouti allah kareem

God, reading this makes me so mad wallah. I'have contacted my senator too and I called last week and they told me that embassy haven't replied to them and that i should wait. I am sure the embassy won't bother with replying to the senator's office. The embassy doesn't even reply to my email anymore. They just ignore them.

Timeline

Hi everyone,

I want to share some info I got today while I was at the Yemen embassy in Alger. So I want to the Yemen embassy trying to get police certificate for my wife and while I was there I shared my story regarding my wife's US immigrant visa and how the US embassy not doing good enough to communicate with us. It turned out that I was taking to Mr. Faroq the US ambassador to Algeria which I didn't know he was the Ambassador until we left the embassy. Here is what I was able to gather:

1. US and Yemen consulate met twice before and after Eid regarding US Yemeni cases and how to improve and speed up the process.
  2. added employees from Yemen and south America to US embassy in Alger in the past month to specifically help with IV cases.
  3. Yemeni IV cases are given higher priority over other cases.
  4. US Embassy in Algeria now is the primary location for Yemen IV cases. All new cases will transfer to Algeria by default. Old cases are given priority over new submitted cases.

I also asked if we could extend the stay in Algeria after the 90 days period and the answer was yes but they do not recommend coming here until you have an appointment date. I think that is a very good advise especially now:)

Timeline

Hey what do u mean by police certificate ?! Like the same one they got in yemen .. Why would u have to get it at the embassy?! Also did u shine light on those that had cases in Egypt and are awaiting physical files to arrive and why their taking so long ?! And what is going to happen to us .. If at all anything ?! ..: thanx a lot for sharing

Filed: IR-2 Country: Yemen
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I want to share some info I got today while I was at the Yemen embassy in Alger. So I want to the Yemen embassy trying to get police certificate for my wife and while I was there I shared my story regarding my wife's US immigrant visa and how the US embassy not doing good enough to communicate with us. It turned out that I was taking to Mr. Faroq the US ambassador to Algeria which I didn't know he was the Ambassador until we left the embassy. Here is what I was able to gather:

• US and Yemen consulate met twice before and after Eid regarding US Yemeni cases and how to improve and speed up the process.
  • added employees from Yemen and south America to US embassy in Alger in the past month to specifically help with IV cases.
  • Yemeni IV cases are given higher priority over other cases.
  • US Embassy in Algeria now is the primary location for Yemen IV cases. All new cases will transfer to Algeria by default. Old cases are given priority over new submitted cases.

I also asked if we could extend the stay in Algeria after the 90 days period and the answer was yes but they do not recommend coming here until you have an appointment date. I think that is a very good advise especially now:)

Thank u so much

بارك الله فيك

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.