AbuAmina

Immigrant Visa for Yemenis

535 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

[*] Yemeni Immigrant Visa Applicants [cid:image005.png@01D0AC2E.A3A88DB0]

The Department of State has designated the U.S. Embassy in Algiers as the primary processing post for all Yemeni cases that have not already been accepted for transfer at another U.S. post. Therefore, there is no reason to request that a Yemeni case be transferred to Algiers. The National Visa Center (NVC) is scheduling Yemeni cases in Algiers in the order the cases were received, starting with approved petitions ready for processing in 2010. That means that petitions that were approved more recently may need to wait several months for an appointment. The NVC will notify applicants when their case is ready for scheduling in Algiers.

Because the Algerian government generally does not permit Yemeni citizens to remain in Algeria for more than 90 days, Yemeni applicants should not travel to Algeria until their case has been scheduled by the NVC. Once the case is scheduled, we advise applicants to plan to be in Algeria for at least one month while the case is processed.

We understand the difficult circumstances in Yemen and are processing as many cases as we can, as quickly as possible. In order to be fair to all applicants we are processing them chronologically in the order they were received. The only circumstance in which a case will be considered for expeditious processing (that is, ahead of all the other cases in the queue) is if there is a documented medical emergency affecting the petitioner or beneficiary. For Yemeni applicants currently in a country other than Yemen, Algeria, or Jordan, you may request transfer of your case to the U.S. Embassy in that country.

To request expeditious processing (again only for medical emergencies) or to request transfer of your case to another post, please contact the National Visa Center<https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php>.

This is the reply I got when I sent an email to Algeria

I hope they will actully go by these words it's hurts to watch everyone go by and they have our files just siting there waiting for the phyisical file .. All these people have gotten appts and there way after us .. My priority date is in January 2013 and Iv seen lots after ours have already finished .. I'm totally happy for them alhamdlilah but can't they just move ours not give us a petty excuse.. I feel bad for those like us who had an interview appt in Cairo and now it's been months and haven't gotten anywhere alhamdlilah !! Allah kareem !

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

Thanx a lot for the info! Hopefully they start moving with thes files that are in Cairo. Hey why hasn't your husband left to Algeria yet? If he needs help there my husband can help him or if anyone els does he's been there for almost 2 months and he's got the hang of it there and how it works and all the places.

InshaAllah he will be leaving soon, but I am very worried now. We've been hearing news that Jordan is sending ppl back to Yemen from the airport. No one knows the reason and I've heard that others are being sent back from Algeria airport too. idk have any one heard this to be true? I mean one guy from my husband's town was sent back and according to him he doesn't know why.

I was also told that when i book the flight for my husband that it has to be round trip from jordan to algeria, is that true? I will be booking for him from u.s.

Timeline

I hope they will actully go by these words it's hurts to watch everyone go by and they have our files just siting there waiting for the phyisical file .. All these people have gotten appts and there way after us .. My priority date is in January 2013 and Iv seen lots after ours have already finished .. I'm totally happy for them alhamdlilah but can't they just move ours not give us a petty excuse.. I feel bad for those like us who had an interview appt in Cairo and now it's been months and haven't gotten anywhere alhamdlilah !! Allah kareem !

I feel happy for those people, but at the same time the way they are doing this is very unfair. If from the beginning they had an organize system where they truly work from first fliers to most current, they wouldn't have any problems. But they are just playing these games with the Yemenis and turning and tossing us any way they want.

alhamduillah for everything.

Timeline

InshaAllah he will be leaving soon, but I am very worried now. We've been hearing news that Jordan is sending ppl back to Yemen from the airport. No one knows the reason and I've heard that others are being sent back from Algeria airport too. idk have any one heard this to be true? I mean one guy from my husband's town was sent back and according to him he doesn't know why.

I was also told that when i book the flight for my husband that it has to be round trip from jordan to algeria, is that true? I will be booking for him from u.s.

when did that happened?

I came here to Algeria with my wife last week via Jordan. we didn't have much trouble...Maybe we got lucky. we came from Aden airport to Jordan and when we got to the airport, they asked us to fill in some documents such as the reason for the visit and where we stay in Jordan. I told them that we have a flight to Algeria the next day. Lucky for me I had a friend address in Jordan (Jordanian) so that helped. if you show them tickets to Algeria, it will be easier. I won't deny that they were more careful and more questions for Yemenis but they let them in eventually from my experience.

in Algeria, we didn't have much trouble at all and I only had one way ticket to Algeria...so we got in, gave them our passports (yemeni passports) and told us welcome. However, I had up to $4000 with me just in case since I heard stories that some Yemeni being asked proof of income and required to have minimum of $4000...but they didn't even ask us for this nor my my friend who came a week before me. It might be better to have a place to stay..maybe like a hotel before arriving.

Timeline

[*] Yemeni Immigrant Visa Applicants [cid:image005.png@01D0AC2E.A3A88DB0]

The Department of State has designated the U.S. Embassy in Algiers as the primary processing post for all Yemeni cases that have not already been accepted for transfer at another U.S. post. Therefore, there is no reason to request that a Yemeni case be transferred to Algiers. The National Visa Center (NVC) is scheduling Yemeni cases in Algiers in the order the cases were received, starting with approved petitions ready for processing in 2010. That means that petitions that were approved more recently may need to wait several months for an appointment. The NVC will notify applicants when their case is ready for scheduling in Algiers.

Because the Algerian government generally does not permit Yemeni citizens to remain in Algeria for more than 90 days, Yemeni applicants should not travel to Algeria until their case has been scheduled by the NVC. Once the case is scheduled, we advise applicants to plan to be in Algeria for at least one month while the case is processed.

We understand the difficult circumstances in Yemen and are processing as many cases as we can, as quickly as possible. In order to be fair to all applicants we are processing them chronologically in the order they were received. The only circumstance in which a case will be considered for expeditious processing (that is, ahead of all the other cases in the queue) is if there is a documented medical emergency affecting the petitioner or beneficiary. For Yemeni applicants currently in a country other than Yemen, Algeria, or Jordan, you may request transfer of your case to the U.S. Embassy in that country.

To request expeditious processing (again only for medical emergencies) or to request transfer of your case to another post, please contact the National Visa Center<https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php>.

This is the reply I got when I sent an email to Algeria

any idea when was that decision made? My priority data is March of 2014. based on that, I might need to wait for months to have an interview. FYI, my interview was ready in Egypt.

Timeline

It's true that they have been sending ppl back because of what we kno is that they didn't come in an Algerian plane .. What happens to someone but note that if it is a family Like women and children they don't give them an hard time .. And when u book make sure there is no stops from Jordan to Algeria .. What happens to someone from our family is he booked from yemen to Jordan arrived there next day left from Jordan to Algeria but it made a stop in Dubai and that was the reason they sent him back first of all because why did u have to go Dubai then back here second Main reason is that it's not a an Algerian plane. .. And u have to have already a place where ur going to live this is very important if he arrives and they tell him where will u live and he says I don't know. That's a reason they send them back .. What happens is somone there would already book him a room and they get a paper from that hotel and when they go pick him up he would have proof and already he would have the info when they ask him .. So that's what my husband has been doing if somone calls and says I need I'm coming and I need u to find me a place to stay he goes and finds one and picks him up from airport basicly help each other out .. And about the round trip yeah that is how my husband booked and that's how everyone I know has been booking not that they want to but it's a must .. Anyways good luck

Timeline

when did that happened?

I came here to Algeria with my wife last week via Jordan. we didn't have much trouble...Maybe we got lucky. we came from Aden airport to Jordan and when we got to the airport, they asked us to fill in some documents such as the reason for the visit and where we stay in Jordan. I told them that we have a flight to Algeria the next day. Lucky for me I had a friend address in Jordan (Jordanian) so that helped. if you show them tickets to Algeria, it will be easier. I won't deny that they were more careful and more questions for Yemenis but they let them in eventually from my experience.

in Algeria, we didn't have much trouble at all and I only had one way ticket to Algeria...so we got in, gave them our passports (yemeni passports) and told us welcome. However, I had up to $4000 with me just in case since I heard stories that some Yemeni being asked proof of income and required to have minimum of $4000...but they didn't even ask us for this nor my my friend who came a week before me. It might be better to have a place to stay..maybe like a hotel before arriving.

Glad u didn't have a rough time. They are nice people I heard. Yeah the money thing isn't a big deal any more but it is good to have money on u .. Yeah and to have his papers in front of him because when they ask what is the reason is that he has business with the U.S. embassy in algeria.. Yeah my husband also had a friend he staied with in Jordan and when arriving to Jordan he said he had an appt in Cairo and he was entering Jordan to obtain a visa for Egypt but he staied in Jordan for a month.

Timeline

It's true that they have been sending ppl back because of what we kno is that they didn't come in an Algerian plane .. What happens to someone but note that if it is a family Like women and children they don't give them an hard time .. And when u book make sure there is no stops from Jordan to Algeria .. What happens to someone from our family is he booked from yemen to Jordan arrived there next day left from Jordan to Algeria but it made a stop in Dubai and that was the reason they sent him back first of all because why did u have to go Dubai then back here second Main reason is that it's not a an Algerian plane. .. And u have to have already a place where ur going to live this is very important if he arrives and they tell him where will u live and he says I don't know. That's a reason they send them back .. What happens is somone there would already book him a room and they get a paper from that hotel and when they go pick him up he would have proof and already he would have the info when they ask him .. So that's what my husband has been doing if somone calls and says I need I'm coming and I need u to find me a place to stay he goes and finds one and picks him up from airport basicly help each other out .. And about the round trip yeah that is how my husband booked and that's how everyone I know has been booking not that they want to but it's a must .. Anyways good luck

So did you you or did your husband book a roundtrip from jordan to algeria? where did he book it?

Timeline

any idea when was that decision made? My priority data is March of 2014. based on that, I might need to wait for months to have an interview. FYI, my interview was ready in Egypt.

Same here my husbands had an appt at Cairo in June. Hopfully it's not months hopfully when they start working on the files that had appts in Egypt they will pass all of ours .. We're not much I believe that had appts in Egypt maybe if they start working on them u an I any everyone will get appt inshallah very soon!

Timeline

So did you you or did your husband book a roundtrip from jordan to algeria? where did he book it?

No he booked from Jordan Its was cheap actully like 500 or 550 .. Anyways I'll make sure again if to Algeria was round trip but for sure when he left yemen to Jordan it was a round trip even tho he wasn't going back to yemen

Timeline

Is it true that as a yemeni person u can't stay in Algeria more then 3 months!???

Need answer please!!???

when you first enter Algeria they will initially give you 90 days. After that you will need to extend the staty at the police station according to the officer I spoke to when I first got to Algeria.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Yemen
Timeline

جزاك الله خير

when you first enter Algeria they will initially give you 90 days. After that you will need to extend the staty at the police station according to the officer I spoke to when I first got to Algeria.

جزاك الله خير

Timeline

To extend Algeria visa ! How many days they give you for extended is it 90 days !??

Need help plz

Good question...I will ask about that when I have the chance and let you know. I am hoping for 90 more days :)

Eid Mubarak!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.