AbuAmina

Immigrant Visa for Yemenis

535 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Underforever

When was your case accepted for transfer ?

I requested my case on May 26 and wasn't accepted until June 26

I requested the transfer May 14 but they didnt accept until june 28.

Hope

What email did you contact Cairo ?

They changed their email to CairoIV@state.gov

I recently emailed them and they replied with this message

WE ARE NO LONGER RESPONDING TO E-MAILS FROM consularcairoiv@state.gov<mailto:consularcairoiv@state.gov>

PLEASE READ THE INFORMATIONBELOW TO ASSIST IN YOUR INQUIRY

برجاء العلم باننا لم نعد نجيب علي المراسلات القادمه من الموقع ConsularCairoIV@state.gov<mailto:ConsularCairoIV@state.gov> برجاء قراءه المعلومات الاتيه للرد علي استفساراتكم .

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

(Select question to read information)

How do I file for an Immigrant Visa?

Do you have information on the Diversity Visa Program?

When will I get my Immigrant Visa?

What is Administrative Processing?

Transfer of Your Case to Cairo

Transfer of Your Case to Cairo (Yemeni applicants only)

Transfer of Your IV Case to another Post

Lost or stolen Residence Card

SB1 Returning Resident Visas

What is a Boarding Foil?

I am unable to travel before the Expiration Date of my Immigrant Visa

Note: If your question is not answered in our FAQs, you can send us a mail at CairoIV@state.gov<mailto:CairoIV@state.gov>. Please include your case number and a title covering the intent of your mail in the SUBJECT LINE (ex. YTC2015000000, need Appointment)

ملحوظه: في حاله ما اذا تعزر وجود الاجابه علي استفساراتكم اعلاه . يمكنكم ارسال اسئلتكم علي موقعنا CairoIV@state.gov<mailto:CairoIV@state.gov> .

برجاء ارفاق رقم الملف الخاص بكم و عنوان موضوع رسالتكم مثال (مطلوب موعد - YTC 2015000000 )

I tried sending to their new email and this is what they replied

Embassy will be closed till September 27, 2015. We will resume responding to your inquires as of September 28, 2015

Timeline

I sent them an email sept.3rd they replied sept.17th

Hey what did u write to them ?! If you can please tel me exactly .. Because what's happening with me now is after consitintly tryn to figure out how to make this depressing process any faster with these physical files arriving to algeris .. Basicly since we have waited several weeks with no update my senator decided to start contacting them first emailed algeirs and then got no reply emailed them again no reply from them then he emailed the cheif councilor no reply at all ( keep in mind there's l like a week and ahalf wait between waiting for replies and taking the next step) then he contacted the nvc to see if these was any counclour notes or what is happening with my case .. Got no where they told him exactly what they told me I do have a phyiical file and it is in Egypt and the electronic file is in algeris and it does take a while for them to move .. I told him about asking if they can send my physical file on a PDF file unfortunately it didn't work .. He then said to contact Cairo because the hold up is from there so we need to figure that out through them .. Now I have been waiting 10 days no reply from them to him yet and when I called him yesterday he said he'll send an email if he doesn't get a reply by the end of this week that is when he will personally call the embassy in Cairo .. So I hope we get somewhere with this .. I don't get why it would take all this time to move a file .. The mail service is as upto date as can be if I wanted to send a package or receive one over night I can .. There is no processing because the transfer is already accepted and electronicly there.. Our physical file is complete ofcource having had an appt in Cairo.. Why the hold up ..

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

Hey what did u write to them ?! If you can please tel me exactly .. Because what's happening with me now is after consitintly tryn to figure out how to make this depressing process any faster with these physical files arriving to algeris .. Basicly since we have waited several weeks with no update my senator decided to start contacting them first emailed algeirs and then got no reply emailed them again no reply from them then he emailed the cheif councilor no reply at all ( keep in mind there's l like a week and ahalf wait between waiting for replies and taking the next step) then he contacted the nvc to see if these was any counclour notes or what is happening with my case .. Got no where they told him exactly what they told me I do have a phyiical file and it is in Egypt and the electronic file is in algeris and it does take a while for them to move .. I told him about asking if they can send my physical file on a PDF file unfortunately it didn't work .. He then said to contact Cairo because the hold up is from there so we need to figure that out through them .. Now I have been waiting 10 days no reply from them to him yet and when I called him yesterday he said he'll send an email if he doesn't get a reply by the end of this week that is when he will personally call the embassy in Cairo .. So I hope we get somewhere with this .. I don't get why it would take all this time to move a file .. The mail service is as upto date as can be if I wanted to send a package or receive one over night I can .. There is no processing because the transfer is already accepted and electronicly there.. Our physical file is complete ofcource having had an appt in Cairo.. Why the hold up .

This is what i wrote to them:

I would like to know if my physical and electronic file has been transferred to Algeria yet. I need to know ASAP in order to do travel arrangement

This is what they replied:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Kindly note that your file has been transferred to Algeria on 27 August 2015.

Please note that the physical file will be transferred to Algeria next week.

I haven't received any updates from them since I sent the email and they replied to me on sept 17th

Timeline

I am honestly and truly confused.

I call NVC and they tell me that my physical file is with them and they never sent it to Egypt. They tell me if Algeria wants the physical file to that they have to request it from NVC directly.

I email Egypt and they tell me they will send my physical file to Algeria this week.

I email Algeria and they tell me that case transfers take several weeks.

Does this make ANY sense to anyone?

Filed: Other Country: Yemen
Timeline

I would like to know if my physical and electronic file has been transferred to Algeria yet. I need to know ASAP in order to do travel arrangement

Dear Sir/Madam,

Kindly note that your file has been transferred to

Algeria on 27 August 2015.

I haven't received any updates from them since I sent the email and they replied to me on sept 17th

CONGRATS . THATS GOOD NEWS.

WHAT you mean by ASAP.

Timeline

I am honestly and truly confused.

I call NVC and they tell me that my physical file is with them and they never sent it to Egypt. They tell me if Algeria wants the physical file to that they have to request it from NVC directly.

I email Egypt and they tell me they will send my physical file to Algeria this week.

I email Algeria and they tell me that case transfers take several weeks.

Does this make ANY sense to anyone?

I don't see any consistency between NVC, Egypt and Algeria. Each time I email Cairo about my case transfer status they tell me to apply for transfer although I did show them the proof that I already did. Each time I email Algeria they tell me that case transfers take weeks to transfer. NVC think the issue is on the Egyptian side and my lawyer think the issue is on the Algerian side.

My next move is to contact my senator. It may not help much but at least it might get some attention so hopefully it will help others like us in the future.

Timeline

[*] Yemeni Immigrant Visa Applicants [cid:image005.png@01D0AC2E.A3A88DB0]

The Department of State has designated the U.S. Embassy in Algiers as the primary processing post for all Yemeni cases that have not already been accepted for transfer at another U.S. post. Therefore, there is no reason to request that a Yemeni case be transferred to Algiers. The National Visa Center (NVC) is scheduling Yemeni cases in Algiers in the order the cases were received, starting with approved petitions ready for processing in 2010. That means that petitions that were approved more recently may need to wait several months for an appointment. The NVC will notify applicants when their case is ready for scheduling in Algiers.

Because the Algerian government generally does not permit Yemeni citizens to remain in Algeria for more than 90 days, Yemeni applicants should not travel to Algeria until their case has been scheduled by the NVC. Once the case is scheduled, we advise applicants to plan to be in Algeria for at least one month while the case is processed.

We understand the difficult circumstances in Yemen and are processing as many cases as we can, as quickly as possible. In order to be fair to all applicants we are processing them chronologically in the order they were received. The only circumstance in which a case will be considered for expeditious processing (that is, ahead of all the other cases in the queue) is if there is a documented medical emergency affecting the petitioner or beneficiary. For Yemeni applicants currently in a country other than Yemen, Algeria, or Jordan, you may request transfer of your case to the U.S. Embassy in that country.

To request expeditious processing (again only for medical emergencies) or to request transfer of your case to another post, please contact the National Visa Center<https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php>.

This is the reply I got when I sent an email to Algeria

Timeline

Cairo has a process that they are following to send these cases. I don't know about Algeria but I know Djibouti they gave interviews to cases that were accepted on June 16 and that was almost a month ago. Since then no update.

How do you know this?

Timeline

Dear Sir/Madam,

Kindly note that your file has been transferred to Algeria on 27 August 2015.

Thanx a lot for the info! Hopefully they start moving with thes files that are in Cairo. Hey why hasn't your husband left to Algeria yet? If he needs help there my husband can help him or if anyone els does he's been there for almost 2 months and he's got the hang of it there and how it works and all the places.

Timeline

I don't see any consistency between NVC, Egypt and Algeria. Each time I email Cairo about my case transfer status they tell me to apply for transfer although I did show them the proof that I already did. Each time I email Algeria they tell me that case transfers take weeks to transfer. NVC think the issue is on the Egyptian side and my lawyer think the issue is on the Algerian side.

My next move is to contact my senator. It may not help much but at least it might get some attention so hopefully it will help others like us in the future.

No a senator does help quite a bit! There word is heard louder then our their emails are obviously looked at better .. And they have ways of calling them and better connection with the nvc.. So yeah it wouldn't hurt to reach out for help from them

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.