Jump to content

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

I got ahead of myself and submitted an affidavit of support along with my I130 petition for my husband. I understand now that I was supposed to submit it to the NVC. Additionally, I incorrectly filled out the form.

First. Our case was just approved. When the case arrives to NVC, will they simply request a new affidavit of support because I submitted early or will I receive a check list for completing it incorrectly. Is there a way for me to inform them so that they can disregard the first form and I can send in a correct affidavit of support. (1) I want to file with I864EZ instead of I864. (2) I answered some of the questions incorrectly on the original affidavit of support . (3) I filed a joint tax return after I submitted the I 130 petition and need to reflect my income for 2014 .

Second. For 2014, my husband and I filed a joint tax return through the W7 /ITIN process. On the affidavit of support, however, I only want to use my salary when stating current income. Is this OK? Or do I have to use our combined income because we filed joint? I ask because he doesn't get W-2s in his country so it would be more difficult to obtain all of the backup documentation. Naturally, my current income will be my wages and will not match the adjusted gross income because his is included on the tax return. Does this matter? Note: My income is above the poverty level.

Third: I filed the original I 130 petition for my spouse in my maiden name. Since then I have changed over to my married name and all of my current documents including passport and tax return etc. are in my married name. I am the petitioner - so it's not a matter of me having a green card issued in the correct name. My concern is will I cause confusion in the process . When submitting documentation, such as the I864 and DS360 - do I use my married name? I thought to use my maiden name for consistency, but my taxes are filed in my married name. How do I update the application to my married name? Do I need to? Will it slow up the process? Do I have to submit my new passport copies? In my original I 130 I submitted my passport in my maiden name to verify my US citizenship .

Thank you.

Edited by Emendez

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.