Jump to content

k1 visa & k3 visa

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Is it okay for me to apply for I-130 & I-485 when ive received an approval for I-129F and the letter has reached my house in India?

Meanwhile i am travelling to US on tourist visa and I got married to my fiance on tourist visa.

now we are applying for change of status and i-485.

we sent a letter to uscis and nvc for withdrawing our i129f but it has been approved and we have not heard anything back about withdraw yet

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

The I-129F is invalid because you are married. Forget about it.

Yes, if you want to do Adjustment of Status in the US you would file I-130 and I-485. But you are putting yourself in suspicion of misrepresentation because it looks like you entered on a tourist visa with intention to file for Adjustment of Status, which is not allowed.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.