Momus

Hoping to Fast-Track Here in Seoul...

1 post in this topic

I've been reading many threads with all kinds of wildly varying information about times, which documents are needed, and how over-prepared to be. I read about one family (husband and wife) who were able to submit their I-130 in person (my plan) AND get it approved at that very same appointment AND receive packet #3 immediately. Is this even possible?

My questions:

Do I, the USC, have to get a local (Korean) police check done? It is not listed among the things I should prepare, but I don't want to take that for granted.

The guide here on VJ lists the DS-230 (Part I and II), but that form doesn't appear on the USCIS instructions anymore. Was it replaced by DS-260? Do we need to do both and is it just for the immigrant, or do we each need to prepare that? If the DS-260 replaced the 230 but requires a case number (meaning it can not be prepared early), is it possible to submit the 230 in person instead of the 260?

I'm just confused because different seemingly-credible sources and offering different (but contradicting) seemingly-credible information.

Photos: The official instructions for the I-130 I am reading right now on their website says that the face should be about 1 inch from chin to hair. I have tons of those. The total size of the photo is 2x1.5, though. The travel.state.gov website says photos for visa purposes should be 2x2. Again, two different measuring standards for the same purpose and I am not sure which one to go with or if I should just go out and buy photos in every size and bring a separate bag just for them.

My appointment to submit is the 28th of this month, so I really want to clear those questions up before then. I've tried looking all over the internet but it has only made it more confusing. I am hoping to hear from people who have dealt with the US Embassy in Seoul and can just tell me exactly what they did (assuming it worked).

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.