zaynab

CR1 CA DL expiration date! Please help

18 posts in this topic

Hi, i have a few questions concerning the expiration date of my ID and DL , i just received DL Card

1. I know that the ID expiration date is the same like when the green card expire ? is that true? my ID expire on FEB 1 2016

2. i was expecting the same expiration date on my DL to be expired on 2016 too, but i just received DL card with different expiration date? they give me 3 years from 2015!!! why? is this correct information? please if somebody is living in CALIFORNIA with CR1 let me know the correct information that has to be in ID and DL please

Thanks , waiting for your help

Have a nice day

Good question, i was asking myself the same question too,

I don't know if i should call DMV to correct the expiration date on DL or no because i don't know the correct expiration date that should be in DL , my green card will expire in 7 months from now on FEB.2016, may be its not possible to put this date on DL to be expired in 7 months from now , that's why they give 3 years?!!! hopefully somebody who has a good knowledge here clarifies for Us this information , i appreciate anybody help

I don't know if i should call DMV to correct the expiration date on DL or no because i don't know the correct expiration date that should be in DL , my green card will expire in 7 months from now on FEB.2016, may be its not possible to put this date on DL to be expired in 7 months from now , that's why they give 3 years?!!! hopefully somebody who has a good knowledge here clarifies for Us this information , i appreciate anybody help

Dont call DMV until u makes sure, a know in California driver licences expire in 5 Years, thy gave u 3 years like u said?, nd u think the correct date in DL should be the same like identification card expiration date . wait until u find out what others have in their papers work those they live in california then u can call

In California, permanent residents' driver's licenses are not limited to the card expiration date. Only for people in nonimmigrant status is it limited like that

Thanks for your reply , do you mean the Conditional permanent resident CR1 the expiration date on their Driver licence in CA is 5 years same like non conditional? i will remove the condition on my green card soon in the coming months

Thanks for your reply , do you mean the Conditional permanent resident CR1 the expiration date on their Driver licence in CA is 5 years same like non conditional? i will remove the condition on my green card soon in the coming months

From the last post , I think u should have 5 years in your DL card ,& not 3 years, but not sure , same like you am CR1

am going to update and show my timeline in my profile, am in USA since Mars 2014, 1 month after your entry

almost same period like mine, i'm still hoping for somebody to give more info about the date in DL card, hope for more comments this will help us and anybody who needs help in the same subject

Why nobody is giving exact answer to this post! I thank you the 2persons they helped , and still waiting for some answers, please can somebody help? I'm wondering there is nobody here with cr1 in CA, with DL? Nobody know the answer to my questions?

Edited by zaynab

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.