Jump to content

IR5 Visa for my mother - Question about Divorce papers

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts


I am a USA citizen. I filed visa application for my mother. she is divorced. Her name on her divorce paper and id card from NADRA are different due to spelling errors. In order to satisfy, Affidavit of support document requirements can I just write a letter to NVC explaining that its due to spelling errors. Do I need to provide anything else? Should I be worried that she might be denied due to the spelling errors?


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think adding a letter is a great solution. Spelling errors happen all the time. Just be sure that you always use the same spelling when filling out forms.

No reason to worry...she will not be denied because of this. The worst that could happen would be that you might get request for further explanation.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.