Jump to content

Question #16 form I-765

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I strongly recommend that you not apply for EAD based on K-1. It is a waste of money and you won't be able to work on it. The K-1 EAD expires at the end of the K-1 status, which is 90 days after entry. The EAD takes almost 90 days to get anyway, so at most you will get a few days of validity, and more likely you won't get any period of validity. Plus it costs several hundred dollars.

Instead you should apply for EAD along with your I-485. That is free to apply for. EAD for I-485 applicant would be category ( c )( 9 ).

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for replying

I am sorry for my poor English I meant to say I was applying for adjustment of status I just wanted to make sure for K-1s is category c-9 on question #16


EAD for adjustment of status applicants is ( c )( 9 ). There is also EAD for K-1 which is category ( a )( 6 ) but you don't want that.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.