cgbirddogs

Travel from El Paso to Juarez

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My wife finally got her interview date (February 26) in Juarez, and of course, we are estatic! I'm flying from Las Vegas to meet my wife in Juarez on February 22, as she needs to get her medical exam on Friday as our interview is on a Monday morning. My question is what transportation is there from El Paso airport to Juarez? Is taxi pretty much the only mode of transportation, or are their bus/limosine services? If someone could provide me with some insight (and cost info), I would appreciate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey, Birddogs- Congratulation! From NV, no less! You know, there really ought to be a shuttle, but if there is I`ve never heard of one. Most folks take a cab for around $50, I think. It`s probably cheaper to take one to the bridge, cross on foot, then catch another one. Several people from VJ have had interviews this year. Here`s a thread with their experiences at the consulate and on the road to and from:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...7896&st=855

Where is your wife from? Mine is from Guadalajara.

Timeline
Hey, Birddogs- Congratulation! From NV, no less! You know, there really ought to be a shuttle, but if there is I`ve never heard of one. Most folks take a cab for around $50, I think. It`s probably cheaper to take one to the bridge, cross on foot, then catch another one. Several people from VJ have had interviews this year. Here`s a thread with their experiences at the consulate and on the road to and from:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...7896&st=855

Where is your wife from? Mine is from Guadalajara.

The wife's from Tampico. It has been quite the journey. Her package hit Juarez March 3 of 2006, and we received word of her interview January 2007. Although my timeline is not attached, I can tell you I used James' shortcuts and saved about 45 days in my estimation. I appreciate the info, and any other infomation someone may pass along.

CG

Timeline

What are James` shortcuts? Are you expecting approval on the first interview? Not that you shouldn`t, just that a lot of us go knowing that we`ll need a waiver. We have our second interview the 28th. Good luck.

Timeline
What are James` shortcuts? Are you expecting approval on the first interview? Not that you shouldn`t, just that a lot of us go knowing that we`ll need a waiver. We have our second interview the 28th. Good luck.

The wife's never been to US, so there will be no need for a waiver. I met her in Mexico, and we were married there as well. I don't know whether James' shortcuts are still online, but one of the people who uses this forum is named "James". He put together a list of shortcuts that help shorten the time for you to receive your approval from the National Visa Center. You might want to search the forum for the link. I'm sure its still out there somewhere.

Timeline

Great- you shouldn`t have any trouble! It looks like you`ve done all your "homework", wish we had been as prepared as you guys are. I`ll check to see if I can find those shortcuts out of curiosity, but I think we`re almost done now. If you haven`t left yet, have a nice trip!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline

Becareful in your traveling back and forth. I would not reccommend taking 2 taxis to go from the US to Mexico, there is really no need in it. It is just a straight shot, and it will only cost between 30-50. I would reccommend 2 from juarez back to el paso. When my husband got out of his interview, we were so excited. We found a taxi and he said he would take us all the way to elpaso for 30 dollars. Well that sounds great. So we said ok. Well after we got to el paso (we had to wait about 45 minutes in immigration) he said we owed him 130 for the wait time. We were so mad, but in the end ended up paying it. So be very careful with this

Now that my husband is a citizen, we are preparting documents to apply to bring his parents here.

CSC

04/24/10: I-130 package mailed

05/04/10: Notice Date

10/06/10: Approval Date

NVC

10/12/10: NVC Case# generated

10/22/10: Updated both email ids. DS-3032 e-mailed

10/26/10: IIN Received. AOS fee IN PROCESS. Emailed barcoded

10/30/10: AOS fee PAID, AOS package mailed

11/03/10: IV fee PAID, IV package mailed

12/07/10: RFE for I-864 Entered into System

12/13/10: RFE for DS-230 entered into system

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.