1 post in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I want to apologize in advance if this post is in the wrong section...

My fiance had her interview in Manila on June 1st. She was approved and didn't receive any other paperwork requesting more info from us. Her status went from Ready to AP on June 9th and has been there ever since. I am well aware of the major problems the embassies were having issuing and printing visas over the last week.

She also had friends who were interviewed on the same day as her that have been issued their visas already, and we've even read of cases of interviews after hers and visas were issued as well.

I know every case is different and no one can give any sort of time frame on when her visa will be issued. The only thing we could think of that could be a cause for this long delay is that she has a tourist visa (which we know has been canceled) and has traveled to many other countries around the world.

The other girls, and many other people we've talked to, went to the Embassy with an empty visa and no prior travel, pretty much a clean slate which makes verifying necessary security info quite easy I imagine.

Does the consulate have to verify all her other places of travel as one of their final security checks? Everything was extremely smooth up until this point. We are both just very confused, and not to mention frustrated, as to what's going on.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Has anyone with a long standing travel history experience something similar?

Thank you very much in advance. This forum has always been a great source of information and support.

02/12/15 - I-129F petition sent to the USCIS lockbox via USPS Express Mail

02/13/15 - Petition received @ Lockbox

02/19/15 - NOA1 received

02/26/15 - Case accepted per USCIS.gov. Waiting for hard copy of NOA2.

06/01/15 - US Embassy Interview & Approval

07/11/15 - My amazing wife arrived in Los Angeles

07/29/15 - Married!

09/01/15- I-485 AOS filed

10/05/15- Biometrics completed

12/20/15 - EAD received

04/01/16- Green card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.