Elle&Kev

Journey Coming To An End - Thank You

1 post in this topic

My husband and I would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you here on Visa Journey. I think we all deserve badges or t-shirts that say "I survived the immigration process". When we think back to when we decided we would take on this task of immigration on our own we have to laugh at how uninformed we were in the entire process. The in's and out's of the system. How to get through with the least amount of problems. How to put a proper package together so you don't get an RFE. Well I can say without a doubt we could not have been as successful as we were without the help of the experienced members that walked that road before us.

Saylin - The CR1 Queen. Your guide was magnificent! It was 100% spot on correct in every aspect. I learned how to be the squeakiest wheel and how to hold my ground when calling the NVC over and over and over nightly till I got through. I think they finally just got sick of me calling. I learned how to be proactive and bypass problems all because you taught us in your guide. It's a must read for any new VJer's hopping onto the CR1 path. I must say our package we put together because of your advice had to be the most beautiful of all packages thanks to you. Thank you for commitment to this site.

Dwheels76 - You tireless spreadsheeter you! Thank you for keeping that all up to date so we could follow along with others to see how our cases was doing with similar timeframes. Thank you for always answering the same questions over and over when someone new popped into your thread not knowing what to do next.

Nich-Nick - Who reigns over the UK portal with all of her knowledge as to how to make your way through London. She is equally knowledgeably in both K1 and CR1 process. The regional thread would be lost without you there. Thank you for your commitment as well.

T-Bone - I just love monkeys! Who doesn't love a monkey wearing lipstick? So your profile picture wins you a thank you on here for making me smile and for helping to keep our manners in tact. Sometimes we forget them, including myself at times. Thank you for keeping it amusing and real. It was always fun to get in before the the lock!

And for all our fellow VJer's also going through this journey with us regardless if you were a CR1 or K1... Thank you too. For all the support and advice and laughs. We wish you all a speedy end to your journey as well and your future after. Best of luck to everyone. We'll never forget you!

Edited by Elle&Kev

I-751 Removal of Conditions

4/15/17: I-751 Packet sent to CSC 
4/18/17: CSC Received
5/04/17: Check Cashed
5/05/17: NOA
5/11/17: Biometrics Notice Received
5/26/17: Biometrics Appointment
4/18/18: Still Pending - Extension Stamp in Passport good for 6 months
8/25/18: Received an 18 month extension in the mail
12/20/18: Case Transferred from CA to NBC
5/9/2019: I 751 interview - was scheduled as a combo N400 - they said no N400 technical difficulties 
5/9/2019: Printing new 10 year Green Card
5/10/2019: Case status changed to - Your Case was Approved

N 400 Application / Submitted Online
Application Support Center: Las Vegas, NV
4/19/18: N400 Application Submitted Online - $725 fee paid
4/20/18: Biometrics Notice Received (Online)
5/04/18: Biometrics Completed / Early Walk In - Scheduled appointment was for 5/11/18 ( estimated completion March 2019 10 months)
4/12/19: In Line notification for Testing and Interview - May 30th 
5/01/19: USCIS De Scheduled Interview
5/02/19: Interview Scheduled - June 11th
5/08/19: USCIS De Scheduled Interview
5/09/19: Combo I751 and N400 - Could not conduct the N400 today due to technical difficulties. 
5/10/19: Interview date scheduled - June 28th
6/28/19: N400 Interview
7/26/19: 🇺🇸 Oath Ceremony  🇺🇸

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.