indhiraastacio

The taboo topic that no one wants to discuss but everyone wants to know about.

5 posts in this topic

If you want to save yourself some heartache and your spouse has ever been arrested in DR please read this.

The following documents are going to be requested on the day of the interview though its best to submit them way before the interview, like during the NVC stage-visa packet.

Besisdes the good conduct letter, which even if your spouse manages to get one he or she will still need to submit the following:

The last order of the judge, which is the final decision made on your case. You can get this in the town they were arrested in. and a copy of the aricle violated.

if you have never been before a judge but was arrested then submit

A NO SOMETIMIENTO certification that states if you were put through their system that you were not processed. You can also get this in the town of the arrest. if its more than one arrest than you need one for each arrest. Make sure that it states that you have nothing pending and that you havent been arrested in the last year. Also you need to submit a copy of the article or law that was violated.

You also need a certification from the general direction of prisons located in the capital which states that you havent been in any prisons controlled by them, a certification of fingerprint anylisis which is also done in the capital at the palacio de la policia. And last but most important a sworn and notarized declaration of your spouse side of the story. it must include the reason why your spouse was arrested, the place and time.

All documents must be translated in english and should have the beneficiarys full name, DOB and case number on top.

I wish this can help someone as i know that if i wouldve of known these things it would have saved me sometime,

My humble opinion is that even if your spouse was arrested for disorderly conduct have all these documents in hand as there is no such thing as too ready when it comes to immigration.

Good post, it is good to say that all this documents are required at Dominican Republic.

It is truth have all this documents on hand will save time.

If you want to save yourself some heartache and your spouse has ever been arrested in DR please read this.

The following documents are going to be requested on the day of the interview though its best to submit them way before the interview, like during the NVC stage-visa packet.

Besisdes the good conduct letter, which even if your spouse manages to get one he or she will still need to submit the following:

The last order of the judge, which is the final decision made on your case. You can get this in the town they were arrested in. and a copy of the aricle violated.

if you have never been before a judge but was arrested then submit

A NO SOMETIMIENTO certification that states if you were put through their system that you were not processed. You can also get this in the town of the arrest. if its more than one arrest than you need one for each arrest. Make sure that it states that you have nothing pending and that you havent been arrested in the last year. Also you need to submit a copy of the article or law that was violated.

You also need a certification from the general direction of prisons located in the capital which states that you havent been in any prisons controlled by them, a certification of fingerprint anylisis which is also done in the capital at the palacio de la policia. And last but most important a sworn and notarized declaration of your spouse side of the story. it must include the reason why your spouse was arrested, the place and time.

All documents must be translated in english and should have the beneficiarys full name, DOB and case number on top.

I wish this can help someone as i know that if i wouldve of known these things it would have saved me sometime,

My humble opinion is that even if your spouse was arrested for disorderly conduct have all these documents in hand as there is no such thing as too ready when it comes to immigration.

Applicats ofall countries trying to get into the US requires

police certs from all countries they lived in 6 mths & up

All arrests & convictions dispositions are required even

for expunged cases

Jawaree, you are right they (immigration) do request dispositions but they do not specify that you also need FINGERPRINTS ANYLISIS, SWORN AND NOTARIZED DECLARATION, ETC. You see, a regular person who follows instuctions will submit the police cert and convictions dispositions even if the case is expunged, but i dont know how they operate in other countries but in DR you get what you ask for. If you request a disposition you get just that, it does not come with all the other documents required by the embassy. Therefore, if I can give the lovely people on visa journey some intel, than i´ll do just that. Also, through my own journey i searched and searched for info pertaining to this topic and though i found some valuable info and for that im grateful, i did not find much that would intensively discuss this topic. If you have any more info pertaining to this subject, even if its from another country i would welcome it with open ears. By the way, im fully aware that no matter what country, we are only fulfillng requirements for one, USA.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.