ernesto y alexis

Interview in Cuba

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

:help:

Does anyone know if it is a bad idea for the US spouse to go to the interview? My attorney is saying not to go, but I really want to be there! Has anyone gone through this specfically with Cuba.

Also, in the interview do they make it a big issue if you met in Cuba but the US spouse is not of Cuban heritage, didn't enter with US license/permission? Just wondering about this issue and if anyone had some experiences to share.

muchas gracias!!!

My Timeline

11/23/2005-Married

USCIS

01/26/2007-I130 sent

01/28/2007-USCIS received I130

02/13/2007-NOA1 approved

02/16/2007-NOA2 approved

NVC

03/16/2007- Received bills

03/18/2007- Payed IV Fee bill $ 380.00 and AOS Bill $70

04/12/2007- AOS and DS-230 received

04/12/2007- DS-230 and AOS sent back to NVC

05/09/2007- Case Complete at NVC

05/15/2007- Havana received Case

05/30/2007- Husband gets packet

06/01/2007- Called to set up interview

09/26/2007 - INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED VISA IN HAND SAME DAY

09/27/2007- Started process for carta blanca

10/16/2007- Carta Blanca Recived

10/24/2007 Welcome to Miami! Bienvenido a Miami!

Filed: Other Timeline

wouldn't you have to get US permission just to travel to Cuba in order to be at the interview? How would you get there and explain to the consular your appearance?

You probably are not even allowed in anyhow, some consulates don't let the spouse/sponsor in to the interview.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
wouldn't you have to get US permission just to travel to Cuba in order to be at the interview? How would you get there and explain to the consular your appearance?

You probably are not even allowed in anyhow, some consulates don't let the spouse/sponsor in to the interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi,

Well everyone knows that there are different ways of traveling to Cuba if you really wanted to.. there are different licenses that the US issues. You can try to obtain one..

And Yes it is good to go to the interview.. and yes you are allowed in the interview with your finace'...

And you being there has nothing to do with the restrictions...They dont ask you anything in regards to the Stupid restrictions we have now days..

My husband just had his interview in Sept. and He told me that there were a few couples that went together,, they allow you both in the interview. As an US citizen you dont even need permision to enter the US embassy.

Good luck...!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Thanks for your responses. I know there are many ways to get there with US issued visas but I need to see my baby every 2 months!

I feel much more confident to go to the interview now knowing in your experiences they didn't question this.

THANKS!

My Timeline

11/23/2005-Married

USCIS

01/26/2007-I130 sent

01/28/2007-USCIS received I130

02/13/2007-NOA1 approved

02/16/2007-NOA2 approved

NVC

03/16/2007- Received bills

03/18/2007- Payed IV Fee bill $ 380.00 and AOS Bill $70

04/12/2007- AOS and DS-230 received

04/12/2007- DS-230 and AOS sent back to NVC

05/09/2007- Case Complete at NVC

05/15/2007- Havana received Case

05/30/2007- Husband gets packet

06/01/2007- Called to set up interview

09/26/2007 - INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED VISA IN HAND SAME DAY

09/27/2007- Started process for carta blanca

10/16/2007- Carta Blanca Recived

10/24/2007 Welcome to Miami! Bienvenido a Miami!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.