SamWiSam

Amman Jordan - Spouse Interview

1,892 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I wished that the NVC was more open to explain the nature of the delay for Amman. I am so worried for the lengthy wait. I started to think that it might take 8 months or more to get an interview appointment notification. By the way what was your priority date? I want to see if your case was one of the older ones. Mine is June 2014.

Timeline

My case just got completed so we'll see if I happen to jump ahead or get stuck like you guys, have any of you tried talking to someone in the consular section of the embassy ?

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

I wished that the NVC was more open to explain the nature of the delay for Amman. I am so worried for the lengthy wait. I started to think that it might take 8 months or more to get an interview appointment notification. By the way what was your priority date? I want to see if your case was one of the older ones. Mine is June 2014.

My priority date is January 2014

I know, my husband and I were just talking about this. I wasn't going to visit again until the interview date but looks like it's going to be too long. I might just visit next month if my manager will let me have to time off. It's already been 4 months since I've seen him, I don't want to go another 4 months. Hopefully they have room for many more interview appointments this coming week!

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

My case just got completed so we'll see if I happen to jump ahead or get stuck like you guys, have any of you tried talking to someone in the consular section of the embassy ?

I called the consulate recently but because I sent an e-mail when I call the woman who answers refuses to answer any questions. She keeps saying that my e-mail has been received and that they will answer me when they get to me. I asked her what the hold up was and she was like I don't know, I asked why it's taking so long, same answer. I asked about how much longer will it take and she said again that she doesn't have that kind of information. I asked what priority date or what case complete month they're working on and again she said she didn't have that information.

Very frustrating. Maybe if someone speaks Arabic, they can call and talk to someone else. Whenever I call and request someone who speaks English, she's the only one who picks up. Absolutely no help at all.

Edited by sam89

Timeline

I am pretty sure that the NVC is the hold up since my friend case finished in April and his dad got a visa already where your case Sam finished in March and you are still not there. NVC does not seem to schedule cases as they get completed. Also the coordination between Amman and NVC seems to be very poor. We are all hurt by this, but it is either intentional or they simply don't care.

Timeline

Yeah I requested an expedite with them that got denied but when I called them the day it had got denied they said they never received the request so I don't know what their deal is, I have to do a crba on the 23rd of this month for my baby so it's not like they have no appointments at all for other matters .

Timeline

I hope this week brings good news for some and hope for the others.

Looking forward to your posts.

Best Regards

Original SD : 01/23/2015

Check List : 04/01/2015

New SD : 04/09/2015

Case Completed: 05/07/2015

Interview Date: 11/10/2015

Timeline

yes I did, but you can't schedule an appointment until your case has been transferred to Amman, once you enter your case # AMM****** in your profile it will say something like "case not found" and you can't proceed beyond that point, topical :oops:

Original SD : 01/23/2015

Check List : 04/01/2015

New SD : 04/09/2015

Case Completed: 05/07/2015

Interview Date: 11/10/2015

Timeline

yes I did, but you can't schedule an appointment until your case has been transferred to Amman, once you enter your case # AMM****** in your profile it will say something like "case not found" and you can't proceed beyond that point, topical :oops:

yeah found that out how depressing I don't know what we should do I think it's ridiculous to wait this long .

Timeline

By the way my friend has an account to change an appointment and he said that all booked until September 1st for Amman.

I am not sure why they are delaying Jordanians interviews. It is the last step before traveling to the US, but became the most painful and unknown step.

Timeline

Just learned that Amman booked all available slots until September 1st. A friend of mine tried to change his relative appointment and he has access to do so and the first opening was September 1st. I am not sure where this is going to take us. I wished that they would tell us what the issue is and help us understand the timeframe to get an interview date. If they don't schedule completed cases, the backlog will increase dramatically. On the other hand, it is now taking the NVC 60 days to review the AOS and the IV packages again and they seem to have fixed their system for the payment and IV application. The bad news, we don't know when they will resume scheduling interviews for us. It might be several months before we get there according to the NVC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.