Jump to content

NVC State - Pay Fees, DS-260, beneficiary ID questions

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Dear Fellow Forum readers,

Currently, at the NVC state process. I am stuck at Pay Fees and need all the advice you can help. I am the petitioner, and my wife is the beneficiary. We are apply from Taiwan since I'm working here, and she is a Taiwan native.

On 4/16/2015, we completed choice of agent and choice of address. Since then, we have been stuck with Pay Fees, I have already paid the affidavit of support, but I still don't see the box square available to select for IV application fee. It's been over a month and I still have updates. The payment site did show this

"We are aware that some applicants continue to experience technical difficulty. If you are unable to access the form DS-260, DS-261, or pay immigrant visa processing fees and have an emergency need, please contact the Embassy where your visa will be processed for further instructions. We are working to address this issue and apologize for any inconvenience. "

Now that wait seems like forever.


1) Does any know how long the wait to being able to pay this fee?

2) Is it possible to move on to DS-260 and fill out that form on the internet?

3) Is it ok to send out financial information + supporting documents in one packet before you pay the IV application?

4) A sampler of DS-260 shows that I need a beneficiary ID, which I cannot find anywhere in the packets I received. I read on some of the forums that it is not necessary and on some posts that it is necessary and has to be called in. Is this part obsolete or do I really need to call the NVC for this? Because calling them is nearly impossible to reach. I have yet to reach anyone on the line.

5) On DS-260, who do I put for Personal 1, and Personal 2? If I am the petitioner, do I need to file this part out? or is this only for the applicant (beneficiary)?

6) Given that the NVC is issuing technical difficulties, how long will the entire process take to get a green card? Any forecasts?

7) My work visa will be up soon and I will have to move back. Is it too late to file an adjustment of status since I've already paid the affidavit of support?

Many Thanks in advance!


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Sam, I can't answer all your questions I'm afraid but if you follow this link you will get advice on how to make the payment etc. The DS260 can only be completed online.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.