Jump to content

Where do I start?

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

I was brought to the U.S. by my father before I could even remember. I'm over 21 now, and my boyfriend of nearly 4 years and I want to get married. We have had two kids together. However, I was never documented. My father says he has permanent residency or citizenship (not entirely sure, but I can find out), but never bothered to get me documented in the many years I lived with him. So, I need to know how to get married to my boyfriend. I've checked online and it says I need a government-issued photo identification. How would I receive one and would it have to be issued by the American government? If It's any help, I'm residing in California currently, but may be moving to Texas soon.

Also, from there, do I simply wait three years before I apply for permanent residency and three years from then, naturalization? Does that sound correct? I'm very lost.

Edited by ar31

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.