Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

GA Learners Permit. Any Advice?

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi all

Oh man am I frustrated. I really should have been on top of this and now I think I have messed it up.

So, I only have a learners licence from my home country, so when I moved to the U.S. I was going to need to get one here too. I didn't get one before my I-94 expired (I know, this was stupid) and now I can't get one. I was told that an I-797 would be enough to get me one. When I got my I-797C I thought I could get my learners, but I cant. They told me if I had got my learners before my I-94 expired I could have renewed it (This hurt).

Is there anything I can do?

I can get a learners once I get my EAD right?

Is there any point of considering traveling to another state to get my learners?

If anyone has any advice, I would really appreciate it. I really wanted t learn to drive before I get my EAD.

Thanks All

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.