Ryan&Eli

I601 approved but now what - San Jose Costa Rica

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

My wife's I130 was approved in April of 2013 visa denied as she over stayed while when we were first married in the US. We relocated to Costa Rica but now ready to move back to the states(Im already here went ahead of her). I 601 approved April 20th of this year. We applied on Dec. 26th , 2014. Received the approval letter but there were no instructions included. It only indicated that they had notified the consulate in San Jose. Now just for the "heck," of it I went to the state dept. web site https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/ and punched in her consular case number SNJ@@@@@@@@ , and a pop up appears that says status updated April 30th and a big fat "refused," notation is at the top. Im thinking that was just the status from her first attempt as the case number is the same but that didnt stop me from dwelling on this ALL WEEKEND. It's tough to go from such a positive mind set to all out panic in a week. Anyone who has dealt with the SJO office knows they are impossible to get through to on the phone. My wife is going to prepare an email and attach the approval letter(scanned copy) and request that the instruction letter be emailed. Has anyone been through this process and if so what generally is the time line? They wouldnt summarily deny her again without the benefit of an interview would they. Nothing has changed from the first attempt other then her receiving a waiver for over staying her travel visa. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We can assist anyone with the waiver if needed as we did this all on our own no attys. and she was subject to a 10 year ban.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.