Asamu

Any improvements for Montreal?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Are there any improvements to the processing of cases in Montreal?

Especially the interview dates schedules....

:unsure:

AOS/EAD

08/24/2007.....................Mailed out Package to Lockbox Chicago

08/26/2007.....................Package Received in Chicago

09/17/2007.....................AOS NOA1 Issued

09/17/2007.....................EAD NOA1 Issued

09/21/2007.....................Check Cashed

09/22/2007.....................Received hard copy of NOA1 for both AOS & EAD

09/24/2007.....................Notice for Biometric was generated

10/11/2007.....................RFE regarding Taxes & Medical forms

10/20/2007.....................Biometric Appointment

11/7/2007.......................Sent out both Taxes & Medical forms

11/10/2007......................Sent in AP

11/16/2007......................Both forms were received

11/25/2007......................AOS was resumed, EAD?

11/25/2007......................Touch - sharing reception of my packages -- What now?

12/03/2007......................AP Touch & AP NOA

12/14/2007......................AP Approved! YAY ;-)

I just called the Montreal Consulate, they advised me that the earlies I would receive an interview will be May.

They entered my package 3 in the system Jan. 30th. Needless to say I am like everyone else out there, trying to be patient but frustrated at the same time.

Lana

I-130 Process

Got married August 30 2006

Sent I130 September 12

NOA1 Received September 30, 2006

RFE received November 30, 2006

Replied to RFE December 12, 2006

RFE received at Service Centre December 18, 2006

Touched December 19, 2006

Approved December 20, 2006

I129 Process

Sent October 10, 2006

NOA1 received October 28, 2006

RFE received at service centre on December 18, 2006

Case received at NVC December 27, 2006

NVC assigned case # and sent to Montreal January 05, 2006

Montreal Consulate received Jan. 08, 2007

Package 3 sent on Jan 10, 2007 from Montreal

Returned Package 3 to Montreal on Jan 17, 2007

Montreal Consulate received Package 3 on Jan 18, 2007

Medical scheduled for Feb. 01/07

INTERVIEW DATE JUNE 18/07

K3 visa Approved and Received by mail June 26th/07

POE to the US on June 29th/07

AOS and EAD sent to Chiago lockbox on July 19th/07

Chiago lockbox received AOS and EAD package on July 23/07

Timeline

My husband just called too!! Same response -- early May. They got our checklist on January 4th. Same here, frustrated -- but at least we know we're not in the March / April cycle -- now we can get on with life and wait for the May / June cycle.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

.. and so I decided to also call and see what I could find out. not good news for me. i asked what the status was on my case and they pretty much told me that it's taking at least four months for get an appn't date .... and then they reminded me that they emailed me a response over a week ago saying a similar thing (they said they were currently scheduling in March/April in the email). i guess i need to be more patient (as I look around my office for a corner to cry in)....

i hate this ...

Timeline
.. and so I decided to also call and see what I could find out. not good news for me. i asked what the status was on my case and they pretty much told me that it's taking at least four months for get an appn't date .... and then they reminded me that they emailed me a response over a week ago saying a similar thing (they said they were currently scheduling in March/April in the email). i guess i need to be more patient (as I look around my office for a corner to cry in)....

i hate this ...

I think that you should give yourself a break regarding their email to you -- we all tried to de-crypt the thing -- were you included in March/April? Excluded from March/April? Now you know and have some concrete (as concrete as it can be -- plastic concrete (it's a new material)) information so that you can make some serious decisions (I read your post regarding your wedding . . . I don't know WHAT to say there.) This'll get better, I swear!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just got off the phone with Montreal. She told me I was entered into thier system on Jan 25 and put on the waiting list for scheduling

I asked could I get an estimate just when my interview would happen. She said anywhere from 2 to 4 months from the entering date of Jan 25

So I said "then it'll be in May" and she told me it could be anytime from 2 / 4 months in that time frame

So here I sit still waiting and wondering

Timeline

Friggin' Montreal can't make up their minds.

If we look at one of the last paragraphs of the checklist they sent with packet 3 it says in BOLD print " Processing time for the K-3 visa at this office is estimated at two to four months( from receipt of your file at our office too interview date) "

Well! This Sunday is 4 months since they received our file and no interview in sight. Even if an appointment letter arrived today we would still be pushing 5 months.

According to an email response dated Nov 28, they said we would "wait 4 months til we hear of an interview date". Now what does that mean? Will we get a letter in March for an April appt? That would make it closer to 6 months.

So help me if I have to respond to the " When will Scott be here?" question with " who the EFF knows" one more time, I swear you'll find me atop a water tower sitting naked on a beach ball picking people off with a high caliber weapon. I dont care if Im being irrational and I dont really care if I appear impatient............Im tired ..........Im fed up.....this has gone on way too long.I'm a control freak and I cannot control this process. I cannot negotiate it. I cannot understand it. We can't even plan and prepare for our lives and future..........Im 41 yrs old and I feel like a child again, where someone else holds the keys and I have no say.

What can we do? NOT AN EFFIN THING!!!! and THAT'S the frustrating part.........helplessness...........limbo.

<heavy sigh>

google.gif

Timeline
Friggin' Montreal can't make up their minds.

If we look at one of the last paragraphs of the checklist they sent with packet 3 it says in BOLD print " Processing time for the K-3 visa at this office is estimated at two to four months( from receipt of your file at our office too interview date) "

Well! This Sunday is 4 months since they received our file and no interview in sight. Even if an appointment letter arrived today we would still be pushing 5 months.

According to an email response dated Nov 28, they said we would "wait 4 months til we hear of an interview date". Now what does that mean? Will we get a letter in March for an April appt? That would make it closer to 6 months.

I have no idea -- nothing to add --- some of us telephoned the Consulate today and heard, "May, May, May" -- maybe true? Maybe lipservice? Who knows. I'm turing into . . . :girlwerewolf2xn:

So help me if I have to respond to the " When will Scott be here?" question with " who the EFF knows" one more time, I swear you'll find me atop a water tower sitting naked on a beach ball picking people off with a high caliber weapon. I dont care if Im being irrational and I dont really care if I appear impatient............Im tired ..........Im fed up.....this has gone on way too long.I'm a control freak and I cannot control this process. I cannot negotiate it. I cannot understand it. We can't even plan and prepare for our lives and future..........Im 41 yrs old and I feel like a child again, where someone else holds the keys and I have no say.

What can we do? NOT AN EFFIN THING!!!! and THAT'S the frustrating part.........helplessness...........limbo.

<heavy sigh>

sharing that with you, with Josh and 26 yo instead...

WHat is their right to hold people apart like this???? I mean not saying anything against other visas, but 2 lovers apart is one the things in life that can make people insane!!!!!!!

People at work cant stand me anymore cause I cant stand them!! They ask me every F..week, when are you leaving? did you get news...im like DONT YOU THINK YOU WOULD HAVE HEARD ME SCREAMING ON THE ROOF IF I HAD A F???CLUE ABOUT A DATE????

Ok feels good. Sry about that. I cant stand the waiting, its stupid. I told my fiance sorry for the way im gonna look at the end of this....We are both on the edge all the time and getting mad for stupid things....And im pissed right now cause our valentine's dinner over the webcam is even going to waste...the food I ordered is getting cold right now cause he is being held by the first meeting after 5pm he ever had in 2 years....had to be valentines day, one of these days to remind us how far we are....and its going to waste. Nice attempt.

Oh well.. :wacko:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Timeline

I almost regret to have asked this question...

4 whole months?!!! I might as well just forget about

joining my spouse and let it be a surprise when I am 90 years old

to be told - Maam - MAAAM here is your visa! :crying:

May be I should plan a trip far far faaar away.... and become a monk! :yes::lol:

Can women become monks??? I wonder.... :unsure:

AOS/EAD

11/25/2007......................Touch - sharing reception of my packages -- What now?

So my interview won't be until May or June. I just can't handle it anymore.

I decided to go to the US before my interview and take the chance. I will take a leave of absence from work and at the border show proof of my intention to return to the Canada. i.e. letter of employment, car lease, mortage etc etc. That way at least we won't be apart so long.

This process is ridiculous. I mean there are people since Nov and Dec still waiting for interviews.

Wish me Luck!!

I-130 Process

Got married August 30 2006

Sent I130 September 12

NOA1 Received September 30, 2006

RFE received at Service Centre December 18, 2006

I129 Process

Sent October 10, 2006

NOA1 received October 28, 2006

RFE received at service centre on December 18, 2006

Case received at NVC December 27, 2006

NVC assigned case # and sent to Montreal January 05, 2006

Montreal Consulate received Jan. 08, 2007

Package 3 sent on Jan 10, 2007 from Montreal

Returned Package 3 to Montreal on Jan 17, 2007

Montreal Consulate received Package 3 on Jan 18, 2007

Medical scheduled for Feb. 01/07

INTERVIEW DATE JUNE 18/07

K3 visa Approved and Received by mail June 26th/07

POE to the US on June 29th/07

AOS and EAD sent to Chiago lockbox on July 19th/07

Chiago lockbox received AOS and EAD package on July 23/07

Timeline
So my interview won't be until May or June. I just can't handle it anymore.

I decided to go to the US before my interview and take the chance. I will take a leave of absence from work and at the border show proof of my intention to return to the Canada. i.e. letter of employment, car lease, mortage etc etc. That way at least we won't be apart so long.

This process is ridiculous. I mean there are people since Nov and Dec still waiting for interviews.

Wish me Luck!!

Good luck - Lana! Let us know how that goes!! :thumbs:

AOS/EAD

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.