2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

I received a checklist yesterday April 15, 2015. I will be sending corrected and required documents to NVC today. Before sending these documents, can i write on the top left corner my case number? Is it acceptable? I will be submitting originals due to i have extra originals for the documents ill be sending. For example I will be submitting original marriage certificate, original court documents, and affidavit of support. My checklist was for the following

______5 - MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE:____________________________________

The document we received is from the incorrect issuing authority.
Please send a copy of the applicant's original marriage certificate, or a copy of the certified marriage
document, bearing the appropriate seal or stamp of the issuing authority. If the certificate is a certified
copy of the original, it must come from the issuing government authority and it must contain annotation
by the issuing government authority indicating that it is an extract from the official records.
Documents must be from the appropriate issuing government authority. Failure to provide the
correct document will delay your case and may result in re-scheduling of your interview, or
refusal of a visa.
For many countries, the U.S. Department of State has established country-specific criteria for ensuring
that applicants submit documents appropriate for visa processing. Please go to our website
http://nvc.state.govto determine if the U.S. Department of State has issued any country-specific
guidelines for the requested document.
All documents not in English or in the official language of the country where the visa application will be
processed must be accompanied by a certified translation. Your translation must include a statement
signed by the translator that states the following:
- Translation is accurate, and
- Translator is competent to translate.
If the applicant's marriage record is unobtainable, because records have been destroyed or the
appropriate government authority will not issue one, please obtain a certified statement from the
appropriate government authority stating the reason your record is not available.
______7 - COURT RECORDS:___________________________________________
Please submit a photocopy of the applicant's court or prison records indicating the nature of this person's
conviction and sentence. These records should bear the official seal of the issuing authority.
Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, & Financial Evidence Checklist)
Please review the instructions below then refer to the final page of this checklist for mailing
instructions.
[x] I-864, Affidavit of Support Checklist
[x] The Affidavit of Support is an important legal contract between you and the U.S. government. During our review,
we identified one or more sections that were either incomplete or contained incorrect information. Please review the
additional instructions below then complete and submit a new Affidavit of Support. You can download the I-864 form and
instructions at http://www.uscis.gov/i-864.
[x]
[x]
[x]
[x]
[x]
[x]
[x] In Part 6. Sponsor's Income and Employment, please correct the following...
[x] Item 5. You must enter your current individual annual income. This means the amount of money you expect to earn
during the current calendar year.
[x]
[x]
[x]
[x]
[x]
[sSM 04/15/2015]
I appreciate all suggestions, help, and information.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Dominican Republic

Marriage (if applicable): 12/27/2013

I-130 Sent : 2014-05-26

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-06-09

I-130 Approved : 2014-11-07

NVC Received : 2014-12-30

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-01-16

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-01-20

Receive I-864 Package : 2015-01-16

Send AOS Package : 2015-03-19

Submit DS-261 : 2015-01-16

Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-06

Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06

Sent AOS/IV Package: 2015-03-19

Checklist: 2015-04-15

New Scan Date: 2015-04-17

CC: 2015-05-11

Interview: 2015-06-25

You should write your case number on all documents you submit to NVC. Errors are sometimes made so if your documents are misplaced, the documents can be reattached to your case. Make sure you submit with your response the cover letter you received in the email and a copy of the checklist letter.

October 2011 - Met Online :D
November 2011 - First trip to Dominican Republic :dancing:

Jan 25 2014 - Married in Dominican Republic

May 14, 2014 - I-130 sent Phoenix Lockbox

May 16, 2014 - PD from USCIS Website

May 21, 2014 - NOA-1 hard copy received, Nebraska Service Center

Oct 17, 2014 - RFE notification by txt.

Oct 25, 2014 - RFE hard copy received

Oct 27, 2014 - RFE response sent

Oct 28, 2014 - RFE response received and signed for NSC

Nov 04, 2014 - NOA 2 received by txt message

Nov 21, 2014 - NVC received

Apr 06, 2015 - Checklist received from NVC by email

Apr 07, 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

Apr 08, 2015 - Checklist response received and scanned at NVC

May 01, 2015 - Case Complete :dancing:

May 13, 2015 - Received interview letter

June 10, 2015 - CR-1 Approved :dance: :dance: :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.