Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Domicile Question

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi, my husband and I are in the process of applying for a Green Card and I have a Domicile question. Certain petitioners living abroad temporarily are considered to be domiciled in the United States if their employment meets the requirment of INA 319(b)(1).

My question is simple: Does this apply for Department of Defense contractors?

USCIS is quite clear that soldiers and military contractors meet this requirement for Expeditious Naturalization which is derived from 319(b) as well: "An employee or an individual under contract to the U.S. Government" (See Attached).

From what I have read, it appears the Defense Contractors meet the requirement, but wanted to reach out to make sure.

Thanks so much!!

Expeditious Natz FAQ.pdf

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...