Oomer

I received a strange letter from USCIS

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

HI ,

i received a letter from USCIS on Jan 30, 2007.Here is content of the letter.

Dear ***** ( petitioner)

On 05/01/2006 you ,or the designated representative shown below,contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

caller indicated they are:The petitioner

Case type: I 130

Filing date: 04/**/2006

Receipt #: MSC 0*********2

Beneficiary : ANS*****,*****,*****

A# :not available

type of service requested : Typographical error

the status of this service request is:

You notified the Service of an error on your I 130 application. Unfortunately ,we were unable to correct the error prior to the card being produced. Due to security and privacy concerns, we can only create a corrected Card upon approval of I 130. As a result you will need to file a new form I130 to replace that document also;if the error was made by you then a fee will be required . You can download this form from our website www.uscis.gov. You can also file this form electronically on our website . Please follow the instruction on the form . Please note , you will also be required to return the incorrect card to us prior to a replacement being produced and any documentation that proves who made the error.

if you have any furthur questions ,please call national customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

okay this is the letter i received from USCIS.My wife called USCIS on may 1st , 2006 because they spelled beneficiary name (ANS***) incoorrectly on I 797 receipt for I 130.On phone the agent made correction and after that we received 2 more recepts for I 485 and I 765. On those receipts every thing was okay. I am now confused why i received this letter on jan 30, 2007. I alread had my interview in July 2006 for my green card and i am waiting for FBI name check.I do not have any "Card" .

What should i do now??Do i have to file I 130 again.

Need help and advice.

Ans

--Jan 13,2006 Entered USA as Visitor (B2) ( I-94 is valid till end of June,2006)

--March 28,2006 Married in Naperville ,Illinois to United States Citizen

--April 5, 2006 Medical examination (I 693)+ Vaccination supplement form completed (chicago)

--April, 18,2006 AOS Package(I 130,I 485, I765)+supporting documents sent (chicago Lock Box)(DAY 1)

--May 1, 2006 BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENTS ( I 765 , I 485) received by mail for May 6, 2006

--May 6, 2006 BIOMETRICS TAKEN BY USCIS in Naperville (Day 19)

--July 21,2006 Initial Interview but waiting for FBI NAME CLEARANCE (Day 92)

--April 25, 2009 Infopass appointment to inquire my case : Result case was approved in June of 2008 but no body bothered to update my file (Day almost 610 )

--June 29 ,2009 10 year green card with date of Perm resident June 2008 received (Day almost 680 since interview )

--July 2011 Citizenship Interview :

-- Nov 2011 Oath Ceremony -US Citizen

Filed: Timeline

This is the reply to your phone inquiry you made to the 0800 number.... the same thing happened to us.. we got the letter almost a year after we made the call.... I made an infopass appointment and was told to just file it... there was no action to take...

You may want to check with your local office...

Kez

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

need more suggestions please

--Jan 13,2006 Entered USA as Visitor (B2) ( I-94 is valid till end of June,2006)

--March 28,2006 Married in Naperville ,Illinois to United States Citizen

--April 5, 2006 Medical examination (I 693)+ Vaccination supplement form completed (chicago)

--April, 18,2006 AOS Package(I 130,I 485, I765)+supporting documents sent (chicago Lock Box)(DAY 1)

--May 1, 2006 BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENTS ( I 765 , I 485) received by mail for May 6, 2006

--May 6, 2006 BIOMETRICS TAKEN BY USCIS in Naperville (Day 19)

--July 21,2006 Initial Interview but waiting for FBI NAME CLEARANCE (Day 92)

--April 25, 2009 Infopass appointment to inquire my case : Result case was approved in June of 2008 but no body bothered to update my file (Day almost 610 )

--June 29 ,2009 10 year green card with date of Perm resident June 2008 received (Day almost 680 since interview )

--July 2011 Citizenship Interview :

-- Nov 2011 Oath Ceremony -US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.