tealsky

Spousal Visa Interview in April when will we get receive the visa?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hi everyone!

We FINALLY have our interview date at the US embassy in Seoul (it's been almost exactly one year). Here's my question IF my husband gets accepted for the visa will they give it to him the same day? I ask because my visa in Korea is expiring in early May and I'm trying to book us plane tickets before they get too expensive.

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR TIME!

we just had our interview on march 5 and received the visa via 택배(courier) on wednesday (march 11)! they should let you know after you finish the interview if there are any issues or if they are not going to approve the visa. if there are no issues, then they'll tell you on the spot that the visa has been approved. in our case, our marriage certificate was over 2 years old (they didn't state that it had to be within the past 6 months) and so we had to run out to the local district office, get a new copy of our marriage certificate and run back to the embassy to turn it it.

either way, i'd recommend double checking all your documents and making sure they're put in the correct order and there's only what is listed on packet 3 instructions.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.