Jump to content

Questions for filing i-129F

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts


I'm getting started on my journey (yup) to getting my Fiancee over here from the Philippines. I'm hoping someone can help me answer two questions:

1. I was married in the US, and divorced the same year, 5 years ago. Green card paperwork was filed (through her and her lawyer) but I withdrew my petition when the divorce occurred (the ex never go the green card). Do I need that Green Card information to fill out this i-129F form?

2. My fiancee has a child. The child is being cared for by my Fiancee's mom. Our plan is to build our life here first, before sending for the child. Is that possible? I only ask, since my Fiancee is the only parent listed on the child's birth certificate.

Thank you,


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.