I AM NOT THAT GUY

Kerry to Saudis: Washington not seeking 'grand bargain' with Iran

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

"Even as we engage in these discussions with Iran around its nuclear program, we will not take our eye off of Iran's other destabilising actions in places like Syria, Lebanon, Iraq and the Arabian peninsula, Yemen particularly," Kerry said after meeting Saudi King Salman and Foreign Minister Prince Saud al-Faisal.

Speaking alongside Kerry, Prince Saud said Saudi Arabia was concerned by the involvement of Iran in the push being made by Iraqi forces alongside Shi'ite militias to retake the city of Tikrit from Islamic State.

"The situation in Tikrit is a prime example of what we are worried about. Iran is taking over the country," he said.

http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Kerry-to-Saudis-Washington-not-seeking-grand-bargain-with-Iran-393052

Wink, wink. The US is rapidly becoming irrelevant in Iraq. Apparently, any concern about the safety of Sunni Arabs as well. Wanna bet the Shi'ites and Iranians push on to Mosul, without waiting for the US effort scheduled for later in March or April?

So what are we looking for here? A new grand deployment to Iraq in violation of international law again? worked out so well last time around. Only got a few thousand US service members killed and drained a few trillion dollars from the treasury. Sure, let's go for round two. Ridiculous!

So what are we looking for here?

Not much. I like the new boots-off the ground approach. However, the gnashing of teeth over Kerry's lack of diplomatic success is a little embarrassing. After 6 plus years of trying to micromanage the region through surrogates and drones, perhaps Obama should just hang it up and find some issue at home to hang his legacy on.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

I like any approach that keeps American troops out of unnecessary danger. I know it seems un-American not to wish that our men and women should die in some remote place just so the same few can make a lot of money in the war business.

So, sue me, sue me, shoot bullets through me...

Not much. I like the new boots-off the ground approach. However, the gnashing of teeth over Kerry's lack of diplomatic success is a little embarrassing. After 6 plus years of trying to micromanage the region through surrogates and drones, perhaps Obama should just hang it up and find some issue at home to hang his legacy on.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org