cchance

IR-1 Expat, some questions please help

2 posts in this topic

My wife is nationalized dutch, we're planning to move to the US (I'm born american citizen, with dutch citizen rights living overseas with her 5+ years married).

My big issue i think is going to come in step 2 when it comes to file the Affidavits as i have no US job.

Number of questions ...

I have decently substantial savings that i can use as a fixed asset, and my mother has said she will gladly sign, and my uncle also said he will gladly sign. The problem is my mom doesn't meet the 125% poverty level, if we count her+my brother that lives with her + my wife and myself (since we both will be living with her for a time when we move to the US).

If my mom income+my bank overseas is enough to cover 4 person household, is that enough, or should i have my uncle fill out an i-864 as well to surpass the amount by a wider margin?

Question, is the i-864 net or gross income?

For the IR-1 what do i put as the "connection with an application for", is it "Status as permanent resident" or do i put other: ir-1?

File Number at the top of the g325-a what should that be this is a new ir-1 i-130 so i have no numbers to fill in yet on the samples on most sites theirs a number filled in. Same with the alient registration number at the bottom of the form, my wife doesn't have one yet do i leave it blank or put N/A?

Do i just put the same address, for the applicant residence last 5 years and the applicant last address outside the US the same in all 4 spots on g325a's since we both live overseas in the same place for the last 6 years?

Should i be filling in fields that are not applicable with N/A or leaving them blank?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.