teaorcoffee

N-400 Part 8. Time Outside the United States (Flight Crew)

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I work for an US-based airline as a flight attendant and I'm stuck on the Part. 8 "Time outside the united states" on N-400.

Because of my job, I go outside the united states multiple times a month. I have many US admission stamps on my passport but when I travel as a flight crew, I don't get stamped on my passport upon enterying another country like a regular traveler. Therefore, there are no records showing how many days I was out of the country nor which country I visited. Most of the time, my layover is only for about 24 hours.

What is the best thing to do in my situation?

I travel to different countries for my job and I only can track down recent trips, only as far as about 1 year ago.

Can I just write down where and how long I traveled personally?

Adjustment of status from B-2

08/05/2009 AOS package to Chicago Lock Box Sent

08/10/2009 NOA for I-130, I-485, I-765

09/08/2009 Biometrics done

09/24/2009 EAD card received

10/20/2009 Interview

10/26/2009 Approval letter received for I-130 & I-485

11/03/2009 GC Received

Can you approximate it?

I travel a lot for work (nothing like you obviously) and made a spreadsheet with countries and nights spent out of the country. I attached this to my N400.

Because most of my travel was to Europe and I have a EU passport I typically didn't get stamped entering the foreign country and because of global entry didn't have a lot of US entry stamps either.

The IO didn't look at my passport at my interview. Provided all your trips were short and you have enough days in the US I can't imagine you'll have a problem.

08/12/2010 => Day 00 => Package sent to Chicago lockbox

08/13/2010 => Day 01 => Package received and signed for in Chicago

08/23/2010 => Day 11 => Email and Text receipt notification

08/23/2010 => Day 11 => Cheques cashed - $1010 and $355

08/26/2010 => Day 14 => NOAs received in the mail

08/30/2010 => Day 18 => Received biometrics appointment letter (for 9/23)

09/03/2010 => Day 22 => Did walk-in biometrics

09/16/2010 => Day 35 => Received interview letter for 10/21

10/15/2010 => Day 64 => AP received

10/20/2010 => Day 69 => EAC received

10/21/2010 => Day 70 => AOS Interview, approved, I-551 stamp and card production ordered

10/30/2010 => Day 79 => Green card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.