RnZ

Beneficiary name misspelled on IRS transcript

1 post in this topic

Hi everyone,

My wife (USC) and I (F1 visa) had everything ready, all the form filled out, medical done and we were only waiting for our tax transcripts from IRS for 2014. We got those two days ago and unfortunately, IRS slightly misspelled my name (Beneficiary's name:- instead of "I" they wrote "J" in one of the letters of beneficiary's name).

The name of the petitioner (USC) is correct and everything else on the transcript including our SSNs, income, address is correct. The only error is this slight misspelling in beneficiary name.

Do you think we should send the transcript with this minor misspelling of beneficiary's name or should we contact IRS to correct this information and then send out our package once we have the corrected transcripts. We don't know how long it can take and it my set us back a month or more and it can also delay the refund.

I am also thinking that since they only need the transcripts to verify US citizen's (sponsor's) income so they don't even need to look at spelling errors in my name. What would you advise?

Adjusting from F-1 Visa

**************************************************************************************************

Day XX >> March 07,2015 --- Sent AOS Package containing I-130, I-485, I-765.
Day 01 >> March 09, 2015 --- USPS delivered the package to Chicago Lockbox.
Day 08 >> March 16, 2015 --- Received text messages and email notifications for 3 different Receipt numbers.
Day 09 >> March 17, 2015 --- Checks were cashed.
Day 12 >> March 20, 2015 --- Received NOA1 for I-130, I-485 and I-765.

Day 20 >> March 28, 2015 --- Received letter for biometrics appointment.
Day 29 >> April 6, 2015 --- Successfully completed the scheduled biometrics appointment (took only 10 minutes, very good staff in Albany :thumbs: )

Day 79 >> May 26, 2015 --- Contacted USCIS to raise a service request for I-765

Day 80 >> May 27, 2015 --- Received an email notification and the case status for I-765 changed to indicate that employment card for I-765 was ordered

Day 85 >> June 01, 2015 --- EAD Card was mailed

Day 88 >> June 04, 2015 --- Received the EAD Card

Day 117 >> July 03, 2015 --- Received the email and the case status for I-485 changed to show interview is scheduled for July 30.

Day 144 >> July 30, 2015 --- Had our interview and got approved immediately. Case status was updated to show that the Green Card is being produced :)

Day 166 >> August 21, 2015 --- Case status updated to "Green card was mailed" (did not see any tracking number)

Day 169 >> August 24, 2015 --- Received 2 year Conditional GC in mail. :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.