Dean/Gra

Help Wanted

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

On my Sweetie's BC there is a typo in her name. Her name is Gracia, but it was spelled Garcia on the BC. Her family went to court and had her name changed to Gracia from Garcia when she was 21 yo. We have read many people have been put on AR because of a discrepency in the BC. We have court documents confirming the legality of changing the name as well as baptismal and other evidence that she never used the "Garcia" name. My question is, would it be beneficial to get an NBI and CENOMAR under the "Garcia" name as well at the "Gracia" name? We would not, of course, offer this evidence unless it became apparent that the CO was having a problem with the change on the BC. Thanks for your answers in advance.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On my Sweetie's BC there is a typo in her name. Her name is Gracia, but it was spelled Garcia on the BC. Her family went to court and had her name changed to Gracia from Garcia when she was 21 yo. We have read many people have been put on AR because of a discrepency in the BC. We have court documents confirming the legality of changing the name as well as baptismal and other evidence that she never used the "Garcia" name. My question is, would it be beneficial to get an NBI and CENOMAR under the "Garcia" name as well at the "Gracia" name? We would not, of course, offer this evidence unless it became apparent that the CO was having a problem with the change on the BC. Thanks for your answers in advance.

Hi,

In regards of your problem i suggest her to go to a public notary place where they can do an AFFIDAVIT OF DISCREPANCY. The lawyer can make that AFFIDAVIT letter stating that GARCIA & GRACIA is the same person on the the benificiary or in the petition. That's what we did and i consulted a lawyer in the philippines and i also here in US that handles immigration cases. This is not a big deal unless she's late registry then that's a problem. In the philippines alot of people had this problem this is a clerical error. She cannot change it because it's in the file already... i hope i can help im on the same boat..

Maylet

05/15/06 Send 129F

6/6/06 Receipt # Received (Transffered to CSC)

6/27/06 RFE IMBRA

7/17/06 RFE (Received by CSC email acknowledge)

9/11/06 Email: Receved 2nd RFE(need additional information)

9/18/06 Received 2nd RFE in the Mail...

9/25/06 Mail it to CSC

10/2/06 Received Email (CSC received my 2nd RFE)

10/21/06 Touch

10/23/06 Touch

10/24/06 Touch

10/25/06 Touch

10/26/06 Touch

10/27/06 Touch

10/28/06 NOA2 APPROVED!!!VIA SNAIL MAIL YEY!!! FINALLY!!

11/3/06 RECEIVED NOA2 IN THE MAIL (ORIGINAL)

11/1706 Called NVC and got a MNL#/petition was sent out to Manila Embassy

11/20/06 LETTER FROM NVC TO INFORM CASE IS FORWARDED TO MANILA EMBASSY

11/21/2006 Called Manila Embassy with pin# stated rec'd the Case but need to wait for 1-6months for the interview date available call back next month...

12/27/06 Received a letter from USE Letter

01/28/07 Received his K1 Packet 4

03/15/07 Medical Schedule

03/22/07 Interview Schedule at the USE Manila (PASSED)

3/26/2007 Release from Embassy to Delbros

3/27/2007 Received Visa ( Thank God!!)

4/4/2007 Flying to CHICAGO

4/06/2007 Civil Wedding

5/04/2007 Sent out AOS/EAD

5/29/2007 Tansfer to CSC

6/6/2007 Biometric Schedule

6/10/2007 Touch...

7/14/2007 CHAPEL WEDDING IN VEGAS!!

7/20/2007 RECEIVED GREENCARD (GOOD FOR 2 YEARS)

APRIL 13 2009- NEED TO APPLY REMOVAL OF CONDITION

COUNT YOUR BLESSING!!

I Thank god everyday for his blessing..

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

well as the previous post said the only thing that can help u is that affidavit but it will not garentee you will not get AR. In fact you will need to prepare yourself for that outcome..... due to high level of marriage fraud due to name changes you stand a good chance for getting put into AR while they do a name check.....

whats happening applicants that are still married r falsifying their names as to avoid an anullment or attain immigrant benefits illegally.... it is a rampant problem in the philippines.. Because of other peoples dishonesty everyone else who has an honest problem have to pay the price..... There will be nothing you can do to garentee an avoidance of AR.... Just hope and pray.. but your case will most likely go in AR due to the red flag.... But do not worry i Beleive the name check will only take a few more weeks to complete and then they will release the visa if that is the case

Hi,

In regards of your problem i suggest her to go to a public notary place where they can do an AFFIDAVIT OF DISCREPANCY. The lawyer can make that AFFIDAVIT letter stating that GARCIA & GRACIA is the same person on the the benificiary or in the petition. That's what we did and i consulted a lawyer in the philippines and i also here in US that handles immigration cases. This is not a big deal unless she's late registry then that's a problem. In the philippines alot of people had this problem this is a clerical error. She cannot change it because it's in the file already... i hope i can help im on the same boat..

Maylet

The issue we tried too get past was her mother used her father's name even though they never married and also her mother's age was not correct on my fiancée BC.

As far as I know her mother and father’s BC are correct.

But at our case of being already under AR do you think there is any point of fixing now?

If you don’t mind me ask. Question: How much did you pay a lawyer too look into this and correct this problem if we need too fit it? You can PM that too me if needed.

Thanks Victor

recieved @ CSC: 5-5-06

NOA1 mailed: 5-16-06

RFE 6-23-06

RFE mailed 8-7-06

Approved NOA2 9-07-06

Approved NOA2 email :) 9-11-06

Interview 02-01-07

AR lifted 03-14-07

visa delivery 03-17-07

Flight to USA POE LAX!!! 04-20-07 Welcome to America!

CIVIL MARRIAGE 04-27-07

SSN Applied for 05-18-07

AOS PREP TIME!!! ??-??-??

K2 interview APPROVED

Case Number: MNL20067682##

Visa Classification: K1

St. Luke's Appointment Date: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 (7:00:00 AM)

Embassy Appointment Date: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 (7:30:00 AM) (Approved )

Visa in hand 02-21-08

Travel clearance required by DSWD for the husband of his step-son!

Flight to the US for her son same POE 03-18-08

Timeline

Hi,

Maylet

I am taking your advise in consideration as i have done that before in getting my passport and local and Us board examination. I am not on a late registry however so i didnt see that as a problem but you are right i cannot change the fact that someone from the past make a clerical error on my Bc.

Thanks for the input Maylet. I will be praying for your interview. God bless you!

Timeline

well as the previous post said the only thing that can help u is that affidavit but it will not garentee you will not get AR. In fact you will need to prepare yourself for that outcome..... due to high level of marriage fraud due to name changes you stand a good chance for getting put into AR while they do a name check.....

whats happening applicants that are still married r falsifying their names as to avoid an anullment or attain immigrant benefits illegally.... it is a rampant problem in the philippines.. Because of other peoples dishonesty everyone else who has an honest problem have to pay the price..... There will be nothing you can do to garentee an avoidance of AR.... Just hope and pray.. but your case will most likely go in AR due to the red flag.... But do not worry i Beleive the name check will only take a few more weeks to complete and then they will release the visa if that is the case

My fiance and i are preparing ourselves on the possibility that we might (hopefully not) be on AR because of that and its quite depressing thats why we are trying to gather everything that we can do at least if not prevent it from happening. Your suggestion is really helpful and we will go for it, BUT if we will be on AR then theres nothing that we can do abt it , we will gather everything we need to have or get and let them do the name check. No guarantee however to prevent it. I just hope that it wont be like the others that reach up to a month or more on AR. Thanks!

Timeline

Hi,

Maylet

Hi Maylet,

I am wondering about your case so i went and read your profile and find out that you really are so stress about it. Im sorry to hear that, i know how it feels to be on the same boat. Thats what happen to my friend's daughter when she put her middle name on her daughters BC and have the father signed even if they were not married and they will have a problem soon on that one but it was completely different case since they are not applying to go abroad. I feel bad that you have been through halfway on this journey and you are having problem just like me, its very disappointing but dont lose hope girl, things will going to be alright. At least you get all you need to get and gather to fix your problem but like me and my sweetie, we think every possible things and do every possible way to prevent if not lessen our frustration on this case. We may not have a guarantee not to be place on Ar but just do every possible things you can so that on the interview date you can present all that they want, if they ask for it.

Keep me posted on your case and ill do with ours! keep the faith!

Gracia

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

Maylet

Hi Maylet,

I am wondering about your case so i went and read your profile and find out that you really are so stress about it. Im sorry to hear that, i know how it feels to be on the same boat. Thats what happen to my friend's daughter when she put her middle name on her daughters BC and have the father signed even if they were not married and they will have a problem soon on that one but it was completely different case since they are not applying to go abroad. I feel bad that you have been through halfway on this journey and you are having problem just like me, its very disappointing but dont lose hope girl, things will going to be alright. At least you get all you need to get and gather to fix your problem but like me and my sweetie, we think every possible things and do every possible way to prevent if not lessen our frustration on this case. We may not have a guarantee not to be place on Ar but just do every possible things you can so that on the interview date you can present all that they want, if they ask for it.

Keep me posted on your case and ill do with ours! keep the faith!

Gracia

Hi again,

The reason why i know this is because i talked to the people in DFA were we found out that we have a discrepancy in his passport because they didnt put the middle name of my fiancee on his passport. the supervisor and said under the law of the philippines if you were not recognize by the father you are a illegitimate and you automatically have to take your mother's last name but my fiancee mom didnt know what to put on his middle name and assume that she can put hers instead.. ummhhh wrong.. it's a big mess actually. So now what we did we went and ask around with what to do and ask the supervisor of DFA with what to do they said to us to go and get a notarized letter with a real good lawyer said to us that it's a clerical error.. plus if you ever change your name or any changes in NSO. They dont actually change it they will put a notation that u wanted to change it and you request it. So they will put your change your BC and put on a late registration because of the changes.Welcome to the philippines this is how they do things in our country we do things messy so.So that you can spend more money and so the government can corrupt it.. ( i know out of line ) but anyways The late registration is the problem because of marriage fraud issues they might think you just registered so you can skip the anullment thing if you think about it , its really expensive it will cost you about 4000 dollars for it . but we dont have this kind of issues no problem in regards to that.

Now, What we did we applied for his NBI and CENOMAR one set w/ his middle name and the other one without to make sure that he got no crminal record or same name and his address since birth is the same now and same DOB. So i dunno what else can we prove the his middle name is an error, it's clear on his BC that he got no father's name and if you think about it he cannot have any middle name at all because if ever his mom and my fiancee is gonna look like brother and sister. The most important thing is his NAME AND LAST NAME the same in my petition and visa application and of course if the relationship is real. and it's a BONA FIDE RELATIONSHIP!!

This is why im so annoyed because why can they catch those people whose not real nor got married for money. Why are they looking at people with Typo names nor missing letter or should not have any middle name (in america we really dont use our middle name) Just Name and LAST...

Why can they put their time and effort to go and investigate those people whose using US citizen for money.

Thanks and goodnite i hope i can help...

Maylet

05/15/06 Send 129F

6/6/06 Receipt # Received (Transffered to CSC)

6/27/06 RFE IMBRA

7/17/06 RFE (Received by CSC email acknowledge)

9/11/06 Email: Receved 2nd RFE(need additional information)

9/18/06 Received 2nd RFE in the Mail...

9/25/06 Mail it to CSC

10/2/06 Received Email (CSC received my 2nd RFE)

10/21/06 Touch

10/23/06 Touch

10/24/06 Touch

10/25/06 Touch

10/26/06 Touch

10/27/06 Touch

10/28/06 NOA2 APPROVED!!!VIA SNAIL MAIL YEY!!! FINALLY!!

11/3/06 RECEIVED NOA2 IN THE MAIL (ORIGINAL)

11/1706 Called NVC and got a MNL#/petition was sent out to Manila Embassy

11/20/06 LETTER FROM NVC TO INFORM CASE IS FORWARDED TO MANILA EMBASSY

11/21/2006 Called Manila Embassy with pin# stated rec'd the Case but need to wait for 1-6months for the interview date available call back next month...

12/27/06 Received a letter from USE Letter

01/28/07 Received his K1 Packet 4

03/15/07 Medical Schedule

03/22/07 Interview Schedule at the USE Manila (PASSED)

3/26/2007 Release from Embassy to Delbros

3/27/2007 Received Visa ( Thank God!!)

4/4/2007 Flying to CHICAGO

4/06/2007 Civil Wedding

5/04/2007 Sent out AOS/EAD

5/29/2007 Tansfer to CSC

6/6/2007 Biometric Schedule

6/10/2007 Touch...

7/14/2007 CHAPEL WEDDING IN VEGAS!!

7/20/2007 RECEIVED GREENCARD (GOOD FOR 2 YEARS)

APRIL 13 2009- NEED TO APPLY REMOVAL OF CONDITION

COUNT YOUR BLESSING!!

I Thank god everyday for his blessing..

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi,

Maylet

The issue we tried too get past was her mother used her father's name even though they never married and also her mother's age was not correct on my fiancée BC.

As far as I know her mother and father’s BC are correct.

But at our case of being already under AR do you think there is any point of fixing now?

If you don’t mind me ask. Question: How much did you pay a lawyer too look into this and correct this problem if we need too fit it? You can PM that too me if needed.

Thanks Victor

Hi Vic, The court thing was done in 1996 by her parents. I do not have a monetary amount they paid at that time.

We got a CENOMAR and NBI clearance in the wrong name as well as the correct name to try to cover all the bases. We also got a Certificate of Discrepancey.

Dean

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.