Jump to content

Need advice, small amount of evidence for i-751

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone, first post here so i'll get right to it. I am here (I am a US citizen) on my wife's behalf, she is from Sweden and we are incredibly happily married since July 7th, 2012. We got married rather young, while I was on summer break from college in fact. I recently graduated and am VERY unfortunately still unemployed, and we have lived with my gracious parents since we have been married. They are very understanding of our financial situation and we are not required to pay any house/utility bills. Neither of us have credit cards, however, we do have a joint bank account, debit cards, and checks with both our names on them. Our car was bought used and completely paid for by us, however, it is on my fathers name for insurance reasons. She works part time at a nearby church nursery, but did not make enough to file taxes last year (she started mid year). I also did not file, because I was a full time student. Our mobile phone plan is a family plan with the rest of my family, that we reinburse my father for. She was covered by a travellers insurance (from Sweden) up until this year, and we are just now looking into getting her health insurance.

I am worried that the evidence we can produce will simply not be enough, here is a list of what I have so far:

Letter explaining our living situation and explanation of no mortgage/lease etc. (with an invitation for a USCIS employee to visit the home where we live, I know it won't happen but thought maybe it might help (bad idea?)).

Bank statements with both our names as far back as they go, and the form fee written on a check with both of our names.

20 something pictures of us together with both sets of family, friends, kissing, hugging, etc.

Affidavits from my parents explaining our living situation, also 6 more from friends. (we can get more, we are a very social couple). Should I get these notarized?

A bunch of envelopes addressed to us both from people all over (thank you Christmas cards).

Copies of both of our driver's licenses with the same address.

Copy of her Swedish passport with my last name.

I feel a little uncomfortable about that little evidence, but what can I do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

My second question is. We plan on filing within a week or two, but she is leaving to Sweden to visit her sister who is having a baby on April 7th up until May 6th. I am worried now that if we were to get brought in for an interview that it might be during that time. What would my options be if that were the case? We have already paid for the plane ticket and it cost a good portion of our savings, she is very close to her sister so I really wanted her to go. All that to say it would be pretty devastating if she had to miss that trip.

Again, thank you all so much in advance.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.