Dr.Sam77

751 pending since october 2011 CSC

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I 751 pending since 2011.What could be the possible outcome for N400 based on the fact that 751 is pending.Can it trigger 751?

I-751 is pending based on good faith marriage.I am divorced .I have been staying in USA since 2009. When one generally does n400, I-751 would have to adjudicated simultaneously if not before for you to naturalize..Now my question is Could there be a fair amount of possibility that they deny N400 based on the fact that 751 is still pending( instead of it acts as a trigger to adjudicate- 751 ) I am new to this forum.Anyone like my situation....waiting...waiting...dont know what to do.whom should I contact to see why my case is so prolonged.

I had my interview in may 2012 and the IO gave me 84 days to submit divorce decree. But i submitted in June 2013 when my divorce got finalized.But I did update her that it will take long that is why I guess my case is still open otherwise they would have denied it for not submitting RFE in time.

Timeline

Iam going thru the same situation,I applied March 2012,they request for RFE,I submitted it on March 2013,still haven't heard anything!!!they didn't schedule the interview!!!

Timeline

I filed my petition in October 2011 under waiver,interview May 2012,(I became CR in october 2009-divorce filed june 2010 got finalized June 2013 ),but petition is still pending.!!!

My interview with the I.O..May 7 2012.....

The I.O asked me why it was taking so long for my divorce to finalize and I replied with full confidence..."My american wife has contested the divorce in the court and she is asking for Annulment based on marriage fraud and has filed a response that we had never lived together and I married her to have the benefits of immigration that is why it is taking so long Officer " and the I.O started to stare at my face !!! and I continued telling the I.O that your American citizen is lying in the court to drag the divorce process so as to hamper my petition and asking $40,000.00 to mutually sign the divorce( I showed the emails by her lawyer to my lawyer asking money ) . I asked the I.O to give me ample amount of time to finish this divorce as I wanted to go the trial and was not willing to compromise .

I had provided ample amount of evidence to prove it was a legitimate marriage....I said to the i.O ...." Do you think officer a person like my background whose marriage was attended by little more than 1000 people ,you can see in the pictures,where no person was left uninvited can marry for your green card......and the I.O nodded her head and kept listening with full attention.

At the end I said.... "officer I know my divorce will not be finished in 84 days so I dont think I can submit my divorce decree in the time frame ( 84 days ) you are giving to me may be it will take more than a year" . At this I.O gave me 104 days i.e 20 more days and said .." if you are not able to finish the divorce in this much time frame then we will see what we can do "

I filed my petition in October 2011 under waiver,interview May 2012,(I became CR in october 2009-divorce filed june 2010 got finalized June 2013 ),but petition is still pending.!!!

My interview with the I.O..May 7 2012.....

The I.O asked me why it was taking so long for my divorce to finalize and I replied with full confidence..."My american wife has contested the divorce in the court and she is asking for Annulment based on marriage fraud and has filed a response that we had never lived together and I married her to have the benefits of immigration that is why it is taking so long Officer " and the I.O started to stare at my face !!! and I continued telling the I.O that your American citizen is lying in the court to drag the divorce process so as to hamper my petition and asking $40,000.00 to mutually sign the divorce( I showed the emails by her lawyer to my lawyer asking money ) . I asked the I.O to give me ample amount of time to finish this divorce as I wanted to go the trial and was not willing to compromise .

I had provided ample amount of evidence to prove it was a legitimate marriage....I said to the i.O ...." Do you think officer a person like my background whose marriage was attended by little more than 1000 people ,you can see in the pictures,where no person was left uninvited can marry for your green card......and the I.O nodded her head and kept listening with full attention.

At the end I said.... "officer I know my divorce will not be finished in 84 days so I dont think I can submit my divorce decree in the time frame ( 84 days ) you are giving to me may be it will take more than a year" . At this I.O gave me 104 days i.e 20 more days and said .." if you are not able to finish the divorce in this much time frame then we will see what we can do "

You need to setup an info pass. Nobody here will know what's going on with your case. you have one of 2 scenarios ;

1- the officer put your file aside waiting for your response and she forgot about it, even if you sent the divorce decree , she might forgot about it.

1- The officer denied your case because you didn't send the required documents on time. My advice, Take this thing seriously, you need to follow up with them. You don't want one day the ICE knock at your door because you are in removal proceeding

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

Timeline

I was wondering if someone experienced like my situation.The Officer can forget....could be possibility but how can I remind her.

I dont think they have denied my case as I have been regularly making infopass and every time I get the same information...that case is pending consideration.......and after 90 days you should be receiving a notice form local office handling your case....and i got I- 551 stamped on my passport last week.

1-you should start by contacting your congressman, they can submit a query and see what's holding your case.

2-book an info pass and ask for a supervisor. They should tell what's going on with your case.

3-You also can open case with DHS ombudsman. http://www.dhs.gov/topic/cis-ombudsman

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

Timeline

second option sounds better to me...asking for a supervisor....

Ombudsman.....can make the IO upset...and I fear IO can upset me in turn!!!

I am new to this website.My story is also same.I have been waiting since January 2013 almost 2 years now.

I am glad I joined this forum .I never knew Ombudsman!! Thanks a lot

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.