saqib ali

i-864 joint sponsor self employed (merged)

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hello friends
after waiting 60 days i got an email from nvc about AOS
so i want to know few things about AOS (i-864)

my father's frd who is filling AOS for me so does my father also have to fill AOS for me????
and am little bit confused in i-864 part 1
if my fathers frd is filling it so which option have to be marked??

and which documents will be required for the frd to submit????

Edited by saqib ali

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

You should send with I 864 last three tax transcript ir forms, recent paystubs, w2

N I'm not sure what ur situation is to answer the other questions

Is ur father bringing u to the us? Or bringing ur wife? Or what?

Its been a year since submitting I-130 and were still in two different countries :sleepy:

If your father's friend is serving as a co-sponsor, he needs to file an I864 and provide evidence of current income and tax transcripts. He will check the box of co-sponsor.

If your father's friend is serving as a co-sponsor, he needs to file an I864 and provide evidence of current income and tax transcripts. He will check the box of co-sponsor.

does my father also required to submit tax transcripts. my father hasn't paid tax coz he was out of U.S for 5 years

Timeline

I think it's a good idea to print those papers from it's website that he hasn't filed

But in the end they're gonna care about the co sponsor since your father doesn't make enough

Its been a year since submitting I-130 and were still in two different countries :sleepy:

Your father will need to write a letter explaining that he was not required to file taxes.

can u plz explain that how to write that and in i-864 part 6 (Q. 13) it ask for federal income tax return information should i mark that Q. 13

and we have 2007 2008 and 2009 tax transcripts should i include that in the end of part 6 13a 13b 13c

THANKS

Timeline

Theyre gonna care about 2013, 2012, 2011, so everything before 2011 I don't think theyre gonna care about.

so for the past three years if your father hasn't worked just put zeros in q13. and write a letter that says its zero because he hasn't worked or he haven't been in the us etc.

and again since you have a co-sponsor I wouldn't even worry about your father's I-864 too much. when I sent mine they requested information about the co-sponsor they didn't even care about my I-864

so make sure the co-sponsor fills out their I-864 and sends proof of income

Theyre gonna care about 2013, 2012, 2011, so everything before 2011 I don't think theyre gonna care about.

so for the past three years if your father hasn't worked just put zeros in q13. and write a letter that says its zero because he hasn't worked or he haven't been in the us etc.

and again since you have a co-sponsor I wouldn't even worry about your father's I-864 too much. when I sent mine they requested information about the co-sponsor they didn't even care about my I-864

so make sure the co-sponsor fills out their I-864 and sends proof of income

the co sponsor is self employed so which documents will be required for him and what is IRS tax Schedule.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.